Warning problems still with ABC feeds-Portland - probably others

goldengoose

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2006
Tonight (Tuesday) problems again with ABC recordings. This was on Portland OR HD feed-- know that others have reported problems last Thursday and again Sunday night with Greys Anatomy and Lost on Seattle, SLC, Portland, and Atlanta ABC.

The video is totally blurred(pixeled out) audio good. If you are recording something important might want to have a backup plan. May be a bad week for Lost recordings.

Anyone else still seeing problems with ABC feeds? Or have heard when they will fix these problems.

There is a thread on another board in which posters from all over complain about ABC PQ. Most complain of picture blocking, not pixelization. The problem is not confined to E*. D*, OTA, Comcrap, ... all complain about it.

I've seen the problem in Denver.
Up until a few days ago I thought the problem was w/ the local ABC. The screen would break-up into 9 unwatchable squares of pixallated image.

I've seen it on Greys & Betty. Last week I watched Lost recorded on my Media PC. I also recorded it on the 622 from the Dish HD feed. PC was fine, 622 messed up.

Looks like the problem is happening at the mpeg4 encoder.

The problems we have in Kansas City (both OTA and E* feeds) are short, 1/2 second or so, skips in both audio and video. It doesn't seem to happen on every show, but it does happen consistently on Grey's Anatomy, Desparate Housewives, and Lost. It seems to happen about once every two minutes, and, at least at our house, it seems to get better (fewer skips) as the show goes on. In other words, it's worse at the beginning of an hour show than at the end. Strange.

Brad

Tonight (Tuesday) problems again with ABC recordings. This was on Portland OR HD feed-- know that others have reported problems last Thursday and again Sunday night with Greys Anatomy and Lost on Seattle, SLC, Portland, and Atlanta ABC.

The video is totally blurred(pixeled out) audio good. If you are recording something important might want to have a backup plan. May be a bad week for Lost recordings.

Anyone else still seeing problems with ABC feeds? Or have heard when they will fix these problems.

Let DishQuality know and they will inform the station's engineering department of the fix. It's something the station has to change, not Dish, based on the emails I received from Dishquality regarding Atlanta's issues.

Do you have an OTA setup? I think you'll find that if you tune to the OTA channel you'll not see the breakups. It's definitely a Dish Network problem.

We are still having the same problems, I get my ABC feed from Portland, OR. Tonite, May 5th, Samantha Who, was really distorted. It has been about 10 days and everyday when I call they say "they are working on it" but don't know when the probem is going to be fixed? What is OTA setup?

Over the AIr antenna- hooked up to your 622/722 dvr. IF so use it for ABC instead of The DISH hd station. Then write an email to the dishquality folks at dishquality@echostar.com and tell them what you are seeing, when and what show and how bad it is and they will start working on it. OVer the phone calls do nothing. I believe that just about all the problems with the network hd stations across the nation comes from ABC . I had audio reverbs and green screen/pink screens problems with ABC in Houston three years ago when they first premiered on DISH in hd. I have worked with them for that many years and it has improved. ON DIRECTV that also have some problems with more green screens, audio reverbs etc. DISH has actually improved on this station but it still suffers from audio reverbs. SO if everyone in the country that is having problems with ABC in hd over the satellite would write an email to dishquality@echostar.com , they would have to do something. I believe it is either a problem at ABC the network itself or the uplink of the channel at the station. Either way DISH needs to work a permanent solution to ABC over the satellite. IT is very annoying and it defeats the whole premise of High definition with better resolution and better sound when it sounds and looks like a video game.

ABC is unwatchable

For the last 3 weeks, going on 4, ABC HD on DISH has been unwatchable in San Diego. I too saw that KGTV was having OTA problems, but that was just one week of the 3. Not sure what to do, I know if I call, DISH will know nothing about the problem and want to send someone out, but I know now that is not the problem. Others are having the same problems in multiple cities see: ABC HD Picture - DBSTalk.Com (Hope it's OK to post another forums link here)

I sent them a message about my San Diego feed. It has ben really annoying, but since I watch TV while doing other things it has been acceptable enough.

Did you send mail to Dishquality@echostar.com????
I have emailed them in the past about other issues, and they've never responded to me. It does seem to be "noise" related, because 5 others emailed them about the same issue over the last couple of weeks, and all of the sudden they started responding to people.

I'm not saying to not email those guys, just don't be surprised if they don't respond.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)