Warped Reflector?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MikeC

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 16, 2004
I installed my Glorystar dish and was getting nearly all channels. But I forgot to install the tripod legs, so a few days later I took off the dish to add the tripod legs. But when I tried to repoint the dish, I can only get one or two channels on AMC4, nothing on Galaxy25. Could I have warped my reflector in repointing? I didn't think that I put that much pressure on it, but maybe I did.

Is there an easy way to straighten it?

Thanks,
Mike

I was told by a technical support person at Glorystar to tape a string from the 12 o'clock position to the 6 o' clock position, by taping it to the dish, and doing the same from the 9 o' clock to the 3 o' clock position. If the string touches together at the center, the dish is not warped.:)

I would doubt that taking the dish down and putting it back up would cause a warp. I just got my LNB arm braces and installed them and they have stabalized my dish. Very likely, the support mount is no longe plumb. but without a motor it should not be a major problem, BUT if it is not plumb the skew will likely be off. ---This from experience on a 8000 mile trip with several take downs and set up! No warp until I got back to the extreme winds of home.

AND YES Brian, the braces stop all bounce on the single LNB, I will try the dual over the weekend! THANK YOU.

I will be getting a ladder on Sunday and I will check the mast plumbness and use the string technique.

If it is warped, I wonder if I could leave the LNB arm in place, and just take the reflector off?

yes you can take the reflector off by removing the two bolts from the LNB tripod braces (if you have them at all) and the four bolts mounting the dish.
Bob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)