Was DISH Robbed at CES?

mike123abc

mike123abc

Too many cables
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
But, the sad part is given Dish's history if they were the ones that owned CNET I bet they would have pulled exactly the same stunt.

I

inazsully

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 15, 2010
Sun City West, AZ
It's not who is the bad guy, it's who gets caught being the bad guy. In this case I can understand why CES is embarrassed. Nobody that wants to be thought of as pretty can be happy when some think of them as ugly. Unfair, sure, reality, yep.

navychop

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
I'm thinking we could give a Flying Fickle Finger of Fate award to CBS, but why go looking for trouble?

Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Good opportunity for satelliteguys to give another award out to dish - "Best DVR at CES 2013" ;)

He'll I hope someday I can give DIRECTV that award. :)

Everyone thinks I am a DISH guy, but I am not I am a SatelliteGuy. I personally think that the Directv swm setup is better then the DishPro Plus setup.

I am an equal opportunity SatelliteGuy.

I would have loved to have reported on the HR44 but I was not invited to see it.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Teehar

Teehar

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2010
WNC
We just ain't worthy in Dtv's eyes.:rolleyes: Their loss if ya ask me.

Teehar

Teehar

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2010
WNC
While you're on wikipedia, you should also look up the Beatles, Woodstock, and the Vietnam War. It'll help you catch up with the codgers.

Are you sure you want to refer folks to wikipedia for history lessons?:D

Foxbat

Foxbat

Addicted to new HW
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Michiana
While you're on wikipedia, you should also look up the Beatles, Woodstock, and the Vietnam War. It'll help you catch up with the codgers.
Hey! I resemble that remark!

Tech News Today talked about this in Friday's episode. The main discussion starts around 19:15.

[YOUTUBE]ZbTqoU0E5-s[/YOUTUBE]

mikethedishguy

mikethedishguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 30, 2005
Where roadkill is plentifill
But, the sad part is given Dish's history if they were the ones that owned CNET I bet they would have pulled exactly the same stunt.

You can bet on that. Remember tevo, voom, retailers, just to mention a few, Remember TV is a not a utility the comercials you watch pay for your programs no comercials the cost of TV will go through the roof. Though I do not know what the other devices were considered I have not found the H/J system is that great.

N

Nova647

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 24, 2008
I have no remorse for dish on this one. It was childish of them to disqualify Dish but karma is a bitch sometimes.

America's worst company to work for... Complete disrespect for hard working employees and shady business earned them this one.

And yes, I am an ex installer for dish. But still a happy customer. This " award " doesn't change my packages or equipment pricing so I have to chuckle a little. =]

harshness

harshness

SatelliteGuys Master
May 5, 2007
Salem, OR
In the last six years they have stripped all originality from the FM band to drone women and teens into everybody likes pop mentality, and men into all people want to hear is other men talk about sports.
As if Disney/ABC/ESPN wasn't driving the herd in a financially beneficial direction with hours and hours of laying down the way things are programming.