Was DISH Robbed at CES?

But, the sad part is given Dish's history if they were the ones that owned CNET I bet they would have pulled exactly the same stunt.

It's not who is the bad guy, it's who gets caught being the bad guy. In this case I can understand why CES is embarrassed. Nobody that wants to be thought of as pretty can be happy when some think of them as ugly. Unfair, sure, reality, yep.

I'm thinking we could give a Flying Fickle Finger of Fate award to CBS, but why go looking for trouble?

Good opportunity for satelliteguys to give another award out to dish - "Best DVR at CES 2013" ;)

He'll I hope someday I can give DIRECTV that award. :)

Everyone thinks I am a DISH guy, but I am not I am a SatelliteGuy. I personally think that the Directv swm setup is better then the DishPro Plus setup.

I am an equal opportunity SatelliteGuy.

I would have loved to have reported on the HR44 but I was not invited to see it.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

While you're on wikipedia, you should also look up the Beatles, Woodstock, and the Vietnam War. It'll help you catch up with the codgers.

Are you sure you want to refer folks to wikipedia for history lessons?:D

While you're on wikipedia, you should also look up the Beatles, Woodstock, and the Vietnam War. It'll help you catch up with the codgers.
Hey! I resemble that remark!

Tech News Today talked about this in Friday's episode. The main discussion starts around 19:15.

[YOUTUBE]ZbTqoU0E5-s[/YOUTUBE]

But, the sad part is given Dish's history if they were the ones that owned CNET I bet they would have pulled exactly the same stunt.

You can bet on that. Remember tevo, voom, retailers, just to mention a few, Remember TV is a not a utility the comercials you watch pay for your programs no comercials the cost of TV will go through the roof. Though I do not know what the other devices were considered I have not found the H/J system is that great.

I have no remorse for dish on this one. It was childish of them to disqualify Dish but karma is a bitch sometimes.

America's worst company to work for... Complete disrespect for hard working employees and shady business earned them this one.

And yes, I am an ex installer for dish. But still a happy customer. This " award " doesn't change my packages or equipment pricing so I have to chuckle a little. =]

In the last six years they have stripped all originality from the FM band to drone women and teens into everybody likes pop mentality, and men into all people want to hear is other men talk about sports.
As if Disney/ABC/ESPN wasn't driving the herd in a financially beneficial direction with hours and hours of laying down the way things are programming.