Was this a Deal?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jarhead84-90

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
WI
I went up to the Northwoods to visit my mother this weekend and stopped by a little Satellit Shop on the way. He used to sell C-Band now primarily sell DishNetwork. So I went in to talk FTA with him. I guess earlier that week he tossed out just about all his C-band. Well I asked if he had any KU then and he said he had bought a system a while back but never got to play with it and that I could have it at dealer cost if I wanted.
It is as follows:
* Centronics DS-3000 Reciever
Winegard DS-2076 76cm dish
DMS International ASC231 0.5db Standard LNBF
Cost: $175.00

I also got a used Dish 300 with LNB for an additional $20
As we talked after the sale he said wait you may as well take this, and went to the basement and brought up a c-band reciever set-up as follows:
General Instrument VideoChipherII 2600R Sat Reciever
A Blue Model 256 VC2 Module
General Instrument 2000PS Positioner
General Instrument Videopal PPV Order Reorder unit

He said he's been just leaving the BUDs or having a scrapman come for them when he does the DishNetwork installs. But he took my number and said I can have all I want if I come get them. Very cool of him. It's about 150 miles one way but what the heck.

Now a question on the Centronics Reciever. Near as I can tell it's the same reciever as
Pacific Satellite DSR-2882, Infosat DSR-9100, Cobra DSR-2882
It has 3000 channel memory, diseq 1.2 compatible, Auto search, AID-PID edit, no ac3 but supposedly pretty quick channel changing.

So what's the general concensus, pretty good deal? Usable C-band equipment?
Thanks, Mark

Jarhead84-90 said:
* Centronics DS-3000 Reciever
Winegard DS-2076 76cm dish
DMS International ASC231 0.5db Standard LNBF
Cost: $175.00

He said he's been just leaving the BUDs or having a scrapman come for them when he does the DishNetwork installs. But he took my number and said I can have all I want if I come get them. Very cool of him. It's about 150 miles one way but what the heck.

Just the fact that he is nice enough to let you pick up used C-band equipment alone is worth it, with a nice c-band dish you will have saved hundreds of dollars and picked up 100's of channels more, sounds like you made a great contact.

As to the equipment you picked up, never heard of the receiver, but sounds like a fair deal , if you keep this up you'll have a dish farm pretty soon.

jayelem said:
Just the fact that he is nice enough to let you pick up used C-band equipment alone is worth it, with a nice c-band dish you will have saved hundreds of dollars and picked up 100's of channels more, sounds like you made a great contact.

As to the equipment you picked up, never heard of the receiver, but sounds like a fair deal , if you keep this up you'll have a dish farm pretty soon.

Here is the DS-3300 which looks ok,

http://www.centralsatellite.com/productview-41.html

Picked up my BUD

Well I picked up my BUD today, it's an 8' Channel Master 4piece mesh dish with mount and dish mover. It has a Chaparral feedhorn w/servo
Uniden UST-910 Low Noise Block Down Converter
Freq Range 3.7-4.2 GHz
Intermediate Frq. 0.95-1.45 GHz
Noise Temperature 65K
Gain 60 dB

I have been unable to find any info on the LNB.
I was told it was going to be a c/ku band dish. Is that the intermediate freq? This lnb capable of doing both and not needing a seperate lnb for the ku side?
Thanks.

Last edited:
I think your lnb is at 65 degrees. That's old school as of 1990. My 1st lnb was 100 degrees back in '88. It will work but it gets lots of sparklies. Digital won't be as good as you want. You need a newer school version of lnb. Lower temp one. I don't think it does ku. You are listing c-band only frequencies.

I have the new Centronics 3300 receiver and is not made by Pacific

The receiver has a Sharp tuner and excellent video and very fast

The PAL to NTSC conversion is one off the best that i have see

The Centronics 3000 receiver was made by Pacific and they hat lot a problems with that model

DK

Yes, This 3000 is kinda buggy, the video goes out if you touch the back panel, and the out coax doesnt seem to output, only through the rca connections. And this was New in the Box. It is lightning fast on channels and seems to get way better quality strength than the Pansat on the second feed off my LNB. Like WNGS gets 45-50% on the Pansat and the Centronics picks it up like 72-77%. Same just not through the motor. But for a spare WTH it works good enough.

Remember that the quality percentage numbers are different from brand to brand. Pansats have a "breakup threshold", as I call it, of around the low 30s in quality. Other receivers may break up at, say, 50 percent quality.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)