Washington D.C. Metro area Voomers

Norhtern Va here,shows the OTA map as 0008 so I guess that means we were upgraded,did a scan and only picked up 1 more channel (doesn't mean I did it right though)

My Super DMA Experience

I am finally receiving PG data for Baltimore channels as part of the DC Super DMA Map, but I had to reboot my receivers when I returned from work and I am experiencing mixed results:

Receiver #1 - receive PG data for the Baltimore channels (2-1, 2-2, 2-3, 11-1, 13-1, 22-2 thru 22-6, 45-1, 54-1, 67-2 thru 67-6) However, the channels keep hiding and then reappearing. :confused:

Receiver #2 - the Baltimore channels above are in the local channels area (most were already there), but no PG data is being received.

Receiver #3 - same as receiver #1.

Item 1: PG for subchannels 9-2, WUSA-DT weather channel, and 7-2, WJLA-DT weather channel, is not being provided.

Item 2: Besides the hiding/reappearing channels, I am sometimes seeing the system hickup and the VOOM channels appearing in the local channels area - they will usually disappear when I page back and forward. I haven't tried to hide a VOOM channel for fear of it disappearing forever.

Item 3: The little green satellite icon was on Receiver #1 this morning; this usually happens during a software updated. I had turned it off the night before and I didn't have time to check it this am. Receiver #2, which was also power off before I turned in last night, did not turn on when I pressed the on button. I did a soft reboot to recover the receiver and then left for work. I didn't have time to check Receiver #3. I'm not too happy with the DMA Map. Of course, I have picked up over 60 channels from 4 DMAs during previous scans and have duplicate RF coming from different directions.

Also, while I am technically in the DC DMA (55+ miles), both Antennaweb and CheckHD tell me that I should be receiving digitals from Richmond (51+ miles) and Charlottesville (53+ miles), which I do. I am not receiving PG data for the following channels because they were not included in the DC DMA Map:

Richmond - basically all the channels in their DMA: WRIC-DT 8-1 and 8-2 (RF22), WTVR-DT 6-1 (RF26), WRLH-DT 35-1 (RF26), WCVE-DT 23-1 (RF42), WCVW-DT 44-1 (RF44), WWBT-DT 12-1, 12-2, 12-3 (RF54)

Charlottesville - the entire DMA which consists of WVIR-DT 29-1 (RF32) and WHTJ-DT 41-1 (RF46)

Oh well, I'm going to ask if VOOM/Moto can create a DMA Map for Fredericksburg/Spotsy if anyone is interested. Anyone else having these issues? Also, I noticed my Authorization Status is now MW. It is usually SWO and will change to MP after reboot while the receiver is downloading PG data, but I have never seen MW. What does MW mean? Lastly, all receivers are running the latest & greatest firmware 7.37.

I was getting all of the Balt channels that you have listed on receiver 1 before I got the DMA upgrade,I am wondering if I need to do a hard reboot and see if anything changes.Maybe the DMA upgrade has no benefit for me because of my location

branchbouncer said:
I was getting all of the Balt channels that you have listed on receiver 1 before I got the DMA upgrade,I am wondering if I need to do a hard reboot and see if anything changes.Maybe the DMA upgrade has no benefit for me because of my location
Go into local channels and you should be able to unhide them. You should also start receiving Program Guide date for the Baltimore stations. If not, just do a soft reboot and wait for the PG to download.

branchbouncer said:

The DMA upgrade will give you program information for Baltimore stations. It won't help you receive any more stations, as the OTA scanning does that. DMA applies only to program information. Instead of having (no info) on all of the channels that you picked up by doing an OTA scan, you will get program information. That's it. It's not going to get anymore channels in for you.

-John

Just a quick look this morning and the DC area S-DMA Map appears to have been worked on last night: no lockups, no more out-of-sequence channels, not having a problem hiding/unhiding channels. I didn't have to reboot my receivers this morning...new PG appears to have been pushed last night. So far, so good! Appreciate VOOM/Moto engineers working on this problem. How is everyone else in the DC area doing this am?

Free Starz?

My lock-ups ended yesterday also. Another positive is the fact that I have been receiving Starz (Ch. 261/262) since Friday.

I was receiving Sunsports over the weekend (thru Mon. or Tues.) which was good because I could see the Miami Heat basketball games. Now that everything is "fixed" I can't receive it anymore.

Seems like the free Showtime weekend went into Monday or Tuesday a few weeks ago (I'm used to these free weekends only being Friday to Sunday; but I'm won't complain about the extra freebies).

Washington DC Area
No VAVAVOOM

DC UPN Channel 20.1 RF35 missing..

Hi everyone,

Ever since the Washington DC Super DMA was fixed last Tuesday..I can scan
and receive both DCA and BWI stations except DC UPN channel 20.1 or RF-35 is missing..However, I can manually tune it on the VOOM STB and get a signal strength of 89..But it does not get picked up via the auto-scan method.. However my other HD tuners are receiving and displaying it OK..

Does anyone else have this same problem using the VOOM STB??..I assume this is related to the recent Super-DMA fix for our area..

I've reported this to the user forum on missing channels..

Tks..

Roy Smith

I have the same problem before and after the super DMA UPN channel 20 does not come in at the current time and is suppose to up the power this summer

We were happily receiving channel 20. Then, yesterday I decided to get rid of my entertainment center that houses the tv. I had to unplug everything, and obviously inadvertently enabled the SuperDMA. Suddenly, no more channel 20. What gives?!

voomers in washington dc NorthWest ? please

I have a friend who lives in a historic building in NW DC. No dishes/No way.
His building is at: 38º 54.970; 077º 02.318. Can a DC installer or customer confirm that means VOOM dish orientation is about 156.26 º azimuth and at 43.12 º elevation ?

Any experience with on the balcony or through the window installations ?
Thanks for any feedback;

mike

kjaslow said:
We were happily receiving channel 20. Then, yesterday I decided to get rid of my entertainment center that houses the tv. I had to unplug everything, and obviously inadvertently enabled the SuperDMA. Suddenly, no more channel 20. What gives?!
Since you were able to receive WDCA-DT, I will assume you live very close to their broadcast tower. Since WDCA-DT, 20-1 (RF35) is included in the DC DMA Map, you should be able to reconnect your equipment and everything should work without any further action required. What is the signal level on that channel? If nothing else, rescan your locals and try a soft reboot. If that doesn't work---and your signal level is above 85---call VOOM and have them reauthorize or 'hit' your VOOM STB. Oh, I take it your other channels (WUSA-DT, etc.) are working properly?

I wish I could be of more assistance, but WDCA-DT is one channel I cannot receive in Fredericksburg. FYI, they are rumored to be going Full Power and moving to their permanent broadcast tower sometime this summer. Hopefully, their broadcasting the Nationals will expedite this matter!!!

Yeah...I'm right in the district. A rescan of my OTA's no longer finds 20, though it did for some months now! I've tried hard reboot and soft reboot. I suppose I can see if Voom wants to play with my box, but I don't want a technician to come out - no point in that.

I'll give Voom a shout and see what they have to say...

Can't explain it, but suddenly, 20 is coming in again... I guess maybe it was the station sending a weak signal...

i am going to either go comcast or ota if voom lets me. but if they don't can i hook up the ota antenna to comcast somehow. i am able to get bmore channels in hd but wont if i go to comcast. does anyone know if this is possible?

It's been fun "DC area's"but the road is coming to an end.Best of luck with who ever you go with,Take Care and the best of Luck too come

Ditto! Motorola was working on a F'Burg/Spotsy/Stafford area DMA, but I suppose that's a moot point - too bad, VOOM service has been getting better each and every month. Ugh! Anyway, Adelphia along with three HD DVRs were installed a short while ago. PQ is comparible to VOOM, but there are so few HD channels at this time.

regarding the post-Voom options, has anyone received the good deals with comcast that those elsewhere have? the 'digital silver' package doesn't seem to be offered in DC...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)