Washington, DC S-U-C-K-S!!

AntAltMike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 28, 2005
This is pathetic. The Redskins give $200 million to three players, so as a result, they don't have anyone to fill the other 50 roster spots, and they lose decisively to Detroit. Two weeks ago, on third and eight at midfield, they ran over right tackle and even if the runningback had eluded the first and second tacklers, the third or fourth one would have had a shot at him before he reached the first down marker.

The Terps football team sucks. Earlier this week, the Washington Post tried to put a good face on a terrible situation by saying that two of the previous times this decade when Maryland lost two of its first three, they went on to make bowl games, but three of those four loses were to top 25 teams. This team can't even compete in 1AA.

The Terps basketball team sucks. The Post ran a really well written, three part feature explaining that they will never be able to recruit the players they need because their coach is too honest.

The Nationals suck. They put all their draft day eggs in one basket. The liklihood of any highly regarded pitcher ever being any good is less than 50-50. They should have traded the rights to him for three prospects. They still need about 23 players to fill their 25 man roster.

The Wizards suck. They have three allstars: Butler, Arenas and Jamison. Charles Barkley was only slightly exaggerating when he said that the Wizard's problem was that they had three of the same guy. Arenas is a bubblehead who will never be a key part of a championship team.

Do the Orioles count as part of Washington? They still have a shot at 100 losses. Ever since Angelos asked his staff what they should do back in 1996 and they said "reload", and he said, "Well, I know more than you do" and spent instead and won one World Series, he hasn't listened to anyone and has made personnel decisions as bad as Dan Snyder has.

I remember when I was in New England in the early 1980s and everyone would complain if the Celtics or Bruins got eliminated in the first or second playoff round, and Bob Ryan would always say, "If you don't like it, move to Cleveland!" Right now, it seems like Cleveland has moved to Washington, DC.

Last edited:
Maryland basketball is in the eye of the beholder. True they're not a NC contender anymore, but they did make the NCAA Tournament last year. As much as Turtle fans complain about Gary Williams they still love him.

Maryland football is another story. From what I hear they Friedgen is under contract through 2011, and they don't have the cash or the nerve to fire him. This won't end well.

I don't think the Orioles count as Washington unless you want to count the Ravens. Didn't think so.

Not to add to the misery, but you left out how bad Georgetown did last year. :D

What a great day. Ravens win, Redskins lose, Steelers lose. I just hope i have enough beer in the fridge to make it through tonights game. Now if we only had a college football team in our area.

I don't think the Orioles count as Washington unless you want to count the Ravens. Didn't think so....Not to add to the misery, but you left out how bad Georgetown did last year. :D
As far as I'm concerned, the Ravens are counted as part of Cleveland.

There's probably more Nationals fans than Capitals fans.
I went to a Capitals Hockey game in 1995. Their fans are a bunch of wusses. No one booed. No one swore. No one spilled any beer.

Honest to God, no one gets up to go to the bathroom or the refreshment booth except during puck stoppages

Last edited:
I went to a Capitals Hockey game in 1995. Their fans are a bunch of wusses. No one booed. No one swore. No one spilled any beer.

Honest to God, no one gets up to go to the bathroom or the refreshment booth except during puck stoppages
I would occasionally get tickets from the VP would was a frustrated season ticket holder. I only accepted them if a good team was in town because it was cost a small fortune for parking and beers. Sometimes free tickets just aren't worth it. Anyway, I was also at Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Final and agree with your observation - very docile fans.

I don't think the Orioles count as Washington unless you want to count the Ravens. Didn't think so.

Not to add to the misery, but you left out how bad Georgetown did last year. :D
Neither the Orioles or Ravens should count. Neither should Maryland for that matter, as College Park (and the vast majority of their fans) are in Maryland.

If a college team should be counted, it should be Georgetown, not Maryland.

The Terps basketball team sucks. The Post ran a really well written, three part feature explaining that they will never be able to recruit the players they need because their coach is too honest.
And didn't that same coach win a National Championship in 2002.

Last edited:
The Washington Redskins today became the first NFL team since 1954 to play five straight games against winless teams... and possibly the first to have lost three of those games. Next week, they will become the first team to play six straight games against winless teams when they lose to the Kansas City Chiefs.

I wonder when Zorn will get fired... or quit.

IMHO,

Redskins. For various cultural reasons not worth going into here, DC is a "football town". The team is going to sell out every game. At one time, dispite that, it had an owner that tried to win, more than anything for personal ego purposes. Now it has an owner who has figured out that he has no reason to compete.

Nationals. Bud "Light" (Kenesaw Molehill) Selig. The least compentent person in an important job in North America. IF, and that is an IF, they were going to do a team in DC, it needed to be in the Virginia suburbs, where its fan base lives and near AUTOMOBILE transportation. But Bud put the stadium downtown, far from roads and near the slums. The team needed to, like every other move or expansion, have no regard for whatever team's supposed territory it moved into (including the Browns/Orioles when they moved to Baltimore) but Bud made a deal to give the MAJORITY of Nats' TV money for FORTY YEARS to Angelos. Making, in effect, large market DC into the smallest market. And small markets cannot compete in Bud's broken system.

UM football. This is a school with no excuses. Named for the state. Located in the metro area. All the facilities. Only Div I school in the state. In-state alumni mostly live within 90 minutes. ACC, which is big time w/o being really difficult. Good unshared stadium. It comes down to coaching.

UM basketball. The ACC is the center of the world. To me, UM in basketball is in the same shape as UK in football. It is in so great of a conference that if it doubled how good it was, it would not be reflected in W/L because of the competition.

Wizards. Don't care about the NBA at all.

Caps. I do not understand. DC, which has people from all over, should be a hockey town as much as places far colder. Great facility, etc.

Georgetown. The origninal Big East idea was to take a random small college in the various east coast cities, hype the heck out of it and undercut the NBA on price. That was 1980. That was 30 years ago. The marketplace has changed. Why should someone who is not Catholic and not and alumni give a flying flip about GU? The Big East is going to end up splitting up with the basketball only schools returning to their gym-based roots.

Orioles. In a just society Peter Angelos would die in prison. His fortune is built on human misery. He want to own the Os to draw attention to himself and to get polite society to not exclude him. His time will come.

Snyder needs a General Manager that knows what he is doing.

The return of Joe Gibbs as coach didn't bring the 'Skins back to Super Bowl contention, simple as that.

Its the nation's capital, but unfortunately DC has never had much success as a baseball town. The first Senators, who moved to Minnesota and became the Twins, were the butt of that old joke "First in war, first in peace and last in the AL." They just sucked, except for the one time they won the WS in 1924. The second Senators, especially when Ted Williams managed them, sucked even more. After they moved to Dallas-Ft.Worth and became the Rangers, it was Oriole town until the Nationals came. Well, the're the Nats, another crappy DC team, but no reason to give up yet. They do have a new ballpark (sorry Sam, but I think downtown was the place to go), and Steven Strasburg coming through the farm system.

The Washington Redskins today became the first NFL team since 1954 to play five straight games against winless teams...

Next week, they will become the first team to play six straight games against winless teams when they lose to the Kansas City Chiefs.

I wonder when Zorn will get fired... or quit.

Can they just fire Dan Snyder?:confused:

Neither the Orioles or Ravens should count. Neither should Maryland for that matter, as College Park (and the vast majority of their fans) are in Maryland.

If a college team should be counted, it should be Georgetown, not Maryland.

And didn't that same coach win a National Championship in 2002.

Using that logic, the Redskins don't count either. Both the University of Maryland at College Park and the Redskins are in Prince George's County. MD. For those not familiar with DC, Montgomery and Prince Georges counties in Maryland are considered part of DC and most residents consider it an insult to be associated with Balmer. Likewise, Baltimore has a similar feeling for DC. Either way, sports teams in the DC area are like the stock market, down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)