Watch 2 seperate HD channels?

J_slimz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 10, 2003
I have a 622 with an hdmi splitter to run my projector and a 19" lcd behind my bar and a 42" plasma on another wall in my bar. Is there a way to get a different HD channel to broadcast on the 19" and 42"..not to concerned about 3 different channels as I normally watch dvds on the theater screen. Thanks

The only way to do so would be to get an additional receiver, or use the SD output on the TV 2 on the 622. Unfortunately, it wouldn't be High Def, off that input even though you would be able to tune in to the HD channels. Using an HDMI splitter will give you high def on both tv's but only what ever is being displayed on the main channel.

you could put it in single mode and mess around with the picture in picture functions on your tv's. i dont know if the second picture is hi-def. would be curious to know. but may be worth a try.

you could put it in single mode and mess around with the picture in picture functions on your tv's. i dont know if the second picture is hi-def. would be curious to know. but may be worth a try.

Wont work, PIP function doesnt split the screen into two separate feeds, it just shows two feeds on the same screen.

i know, but depending on the tv settings, one picture could fill most of the screen doing almost what the poster was looking for. otherwise, as hidefrev said, there is no way.

Why on earth would you push a high-def signal to a 19" monitor? Unless you're watching it from 1.9 feet away, you're not going to know the difference. Actually, visual acuity is more like 4', but it drops off HARD from there.

Run coax from TV2 to the 19" screen, check your output mode settings on the 622 and stretch modes on the 19, and you'll barely know the difference from the other side of the bar.

I answered this in another thread, similar subject. What CowboyDren said is correct. I have a 26" HDTV fed with second tuner in dual mode and you can set the screen for widescreen with no distortion on the HD channels and get a picture that looks very good since the screen is so small.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)