Watch ESPN app

If I understand it correctly, and maybe someone like Scott can clarify, they are holding this Watch app for when contract negotiations come up. Some thing Directv wont have access until their renegotiation in 2014. IIRC, Dish and the mouse are working on a contract now that expires in Sept(???). So maybe since they both seem to be trying, we could get at least ESPNU in HD and the Watch app this fall.

Like I said, Scott may can clarify that more.

Yeah, I just found one article. The 8yr agreement with Disney ends this Sept, so hopefully we will get a GOOD surprise in the next 2 months.

I think losing ESPN for football season is a non option. I'd be gone in a heartbeat if they did, unfortunately.

Yeah, I just found one article. The 8yr agreement with Disney ends this Sept, so hopefully we will get a GOOD surprise in the next 2 months.

I think losing ESPN for football season is a non option. I'd be gone in a heartbeat if they did, unfortunately.
I'd settle for a resolution one way or the other. I hate the uncertainty that are these carriage agreements. Heck, Dish and Disney have a carriage agreement, yet Disney pulled most of the HD channels (and their SD equivalents are awful). I'd survive without ESPN for the most part. But others would be devastated by the loss, and I can appreciate that. It may be time to make ESPN a premium. No other channel as expensive as it is isn't a premium channel. But Disney won't go for that. But keeping ESPN will just enable their insane exclusive contracts for content that are unjustifiedly expensive.

*sigh* I love the choices we have as consumers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts