Watch same content on two (or three or four) TVs?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Rudisill

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 3, 2011
On the road
We will probably have a Hopper/Joey system installed in the next week, supporting four TVs.

My wife likes to move around the house, watching the same content on more than one TV. (We have been fulltiming in a motorhome for the last 13 years, so having the same thing on two TVs was easy.)

Will she be able to do that with a Hopper system? What I see in the Dish web site is only the ability to stop the show on the Hopper TV and restart it on a Joey.

--
Dave

Yes hit pause and go in the other room and pick it up from where you left off by selecting the show you paused in your dvr folder.

I have run HDMI cable thru the attic to the other rooms and hooked to back of my AV Receiver, Saved cost of Joeys.

The basic answer is no. There is no easy way to watch recorded shows on both the Hoppper and Joeys in sync. You can start the same recording on both, but they will not be in sync unless you get very lucky. You can watch live TV almost in sync between the Hopper and Joeys, but there is a slight delay on the Joeys and any trick-play will make them out of sync again.

My wife is the same way and this was a major issue when we first got the Hopper/Joeys.

Reactions: Rudisill
Live TV: Yes. As stated by another poster, press the RED key to bring up TV Status page at each Joey or the Hopper. Then select JOIN. You now have a Shared Experience that is a mirror. Anything you do such as trick-play at one will also happen at the other. You can JOIN from the Hopper or as many of the Joeys as you wish.

Playback of DVR Recordings: No. Or no way to MIRROR the playback like one can do with Live TV. However, you can have the same recording playback on as many Joeys or the Hopper, but they will all have a SEPARATE/INDEPENDENT experience, not a shared/mirrored experience.

Reactions: Rudisill
Live TV: Yes. As stated by another poster, press the RED key to bring up TV Status page at each Joey or the Hopper. Then select JOIN. You now have a Shared Experience that is a mirror. Anything you do such as trick-play at one will also happen at the other. You can JOIN from the Hopper or as many of the Joeys as you wish.

Playback of DVR Recordings: No. Or no way to MIRROR the playback like one can do with Live TV. However, you can have the same recording playback on as many Joeys or the Hopper, but they will all have a SEPARATE/INDEPENDENT experience, not a shared/mirrored experience.

Thanks for the clear explanation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)