Watch your Billing Closely! Tech visit $95 for no reason

PKII

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2005
WV
I just turned off my auto billing because on this months bill I see they put a $95 Tech Visit.

I didn't have a tech visit. I installed the system myself.

Anyone else get random Tech Visit charges for no reason?

I called customer service and they said they didn't know why it was there. And that they would remove it.

Still I'm not using auto billing ever again. :mad:

I just turned off my auto billing because on this months bill I see they put a $95 Tech Visit.

I didn't have a tech visit. I installed the system myself.

Anyone else get random Tech Visit charges for no reason?

I called customer service and they said they didn't know why it was there. And that they would remove it.

Still I'm not using auto billing ever again. :mad:

That's why monitoring your bill is so important, auto pay or not. I got double charged for a dish mover that never happened. I installed it all myself and told them. Took 3 phonecalls to resolve. Crap happens all the time. A lot of the times the system auto builds work orders and fees get charged when not supposed to if the csr doest catch it.

I have had dish in the past and I have never seen such BS. They better really remove the charge or I'm going back to an antenna with 3 channels.

Just another way charly rips u off if u dont pay attention.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

The balance on my account has not changed when I look at it online. Should the current balance change by now or will it take 1 day for it to reflect the $95 removal?

It definitely caused me to remove auto billing. I don't normally do that but at least its to a credit card that I can dispute the charge.

Same thing just happend to me last week. I have the $95 tech visit fee on this month's bill. No service call was made and not upgrade, ect. The only thing that's changed is I upped my programming online last month.

Same thing just happend to me last week. I have the $95 tech visit fee on this month's bill. No service call was made and not upgrade, ect. The only thing that's changed is I upped my programming online last month.
That is exactly what I did. I upgraded to Showtime and that exact same day they add a $95 tech visit fee. Perhaps Dish does have a computer issue it isn't aware of or we are both just very unlucky.

That is exactly what I did. I upgraded to Showtime and that exact same day they add a $95 tech visit fee. Perhaps Dish does have a computer issue it isn't aware of.

Not sure but the last 3 months in a row they have ommited some of my friend referral credits. This month they got those right but added the $95. Its getting annoying having to watch my bill like a hawk to make sure I'm not paying more than I'm supposed to.

They must be trying to pay off their new satellite costs with funds from the $95 fees no one catches. :rolleyes: ;)

Why is it that when a company makes a mistake, it is regarded as a personal affront.

Dish network doesn't know you from Adam and it is simple to get these things corrected.

You know it is a mistake, they will see that it is a mistake.

Your angst is wasted, more fruitful to piss into the wind.

Oh, I suppose Direct NEVER has a computer glitch that causes billing issues...Oh, wait, they DO! I have a friend who has Direct and had a similar issue happen to him, but never felt the need to come to a forum and complain about it.

Since Dish promptly took care of the problem for him, it looks like Dish did a good job in fixing the problem... Not looking like a giant evil corporation out to cram subscriber's bills with fake charges.

I think they have an issue with the online change of service system. Another person who upgraded their programming was also charged the $95 tech visit fee.

As an experiment someone else upgrade to Showtime for a month and see if you get a $95 tech visit fee.

And don't get mad and complain here if you do. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)