Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Yesterday I got my Dish Network bill in the mail, it was $259. Today I logged into the Dish Network website and my bill was over $300.

I logged in to see why my bill went up almost $50 I logged into my account to see that the auto renewed me for the MLB package which I canceled last year after baseball season. (The reason I canceled it was because the games I wanted to watch were always blacked out)

I am on the phone now, they will remove the MLB Extra Innings Charges however they will NOT refund the state taxes that I was charged for the baseball package. What Bullsh!t, especially considering I canceled the package a long time ago and they even have it NOTED that I canceled it!

Watch your bills!
Code:
STATE TAXES2.98

03/11 03/11 MLB EI O5 (AUTO) 01 OF 03 12:00 MID49.66

Of course they will not adjust the tax. Doesn't the tax adjust off automatically after the adustment is approved? Check your account in 24-48 hours.

I just checked my bill again today.

The rep did NOT cancel the renewal of the MLB package! Instead I got a $10 credit!

What the hell is going on at Dish Network.

They tried to do that with NBA LP with me. When NBA LP first started I signed up and paid a one time payment for the entire package. The next year, E* automatically added the NBA LP without asking. They claimed that I put myself on automatic when I never did. I caught it in time and since I am not on autopay I deducted the money from my bill (including the tax) and verified with them the money I owed. That was the end of that. Never again was I put on NBA LP.

I had this problem with their "Distant" Networks option. I applied for waivers on their webpage which even tells you to try more than one distant network because you may be denied. My idea of a waiver is you're just asking permission and if given then you can choose to add the channel. Not according to Dish, they went and added anything I got permission for even if it was the same channel in two different locations. They explained they automatically add these as soon as the waiver clears. They fixed the problem but I told them they should let people know before they submit a waiver request as to what could happen if approved. I then told them I submitted waivers that are still pending, they told me all waiver requests would automatically be canceled. Checking over my bill a few months later those other waiver requests Dish supposedly canceled got approved and the channels automatically added. I had to call Dish back and they fixed the error but what a hassle. This would of never happened if their webpage would of told me that dish automatically adds any clear waivers for distant networks but at the time it didn't, not sure if it does now.

I hope Dish credits you any money lost over their error.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I just checked my bill again today.

The rep did NOT cancel the renewal of the MLB package! Instead I got a $10 credit!

What the hell is going on at Dish Network.

Same HERE!

2extreme said:
I'm still waiting for my Clubdish credits (2 referrals) to show up on my bill. This is the second billing cycle after they were activated as customers. Shouldn't I have these credits yet? This is a little frustrating to me...

I am still waiting for my credits. I bring Dish more business and this is how they treat me. :smug

I got a letter today from Dish Notwork thanking me for subscribing to the 2004 MLB Extra Innings.
Big problem, I never subscibed to the damn thing. The letter tells me how Dish saves me time and money by automatically renewing MLB Extra Innings at a special renewal price of $139. How in the hell can I be automatically renewed for something I have never had in the past?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)