Watching a president tank:( (bush)

Status
Not open for further replies.
joedekock said:
By the way did anyone else see Air America is going under? There is something to be said about liberal talk radio. IT DOES NOT WORK TO BASH THE PRESIDENT AND HIS POLICIES, AND IF YOU DO, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE POLICY TO PRESENT.

Or make sure to have facts to back up all the diatribe that is being spewed.

Is there anyone out there that can close this thread, it's getting out of hand. Instead of people having a discussion about current events, this is turning into bash each others beliefs thread.

Last time I'm going to say this: Those of you who are PRO Bush you will not change the minds of us who are ANTI Bush so stop trying.

Those of you who are ANTI Bush you will not change the minds of those that are PRO Bush so stop trying.

I'm done have a nice life.

joedekock said:
Your abortion standpoint has to look no further than Europe. They have legalized abortions over there. Have you ever been over there? No one smiles over there. They are in more turmoil as far as divorce and broken homes with children goes. Abortion is not the Sole reason for this, but its a big FACTor. We are bad enough off with 36% of families with Children being broken homes. And remember, the father has NO RIGHT to say anything about whether or not his wife or girlfriend gets an abortion. Is that fair?
Legalized abortion has nothing to do with whether or not Europeans smile. That's just silly. The divorce rate in the US is among the highest in the world. And, yes, a woman shouldn't have to consult the father-TO-BE. (He ain't the father yet.)

joedekock said:
Veteran's pay and Military pay has never been higher. My brother is a Marine, and has been for 10 years. His rank has stayed the same and he got a huge pay raise in 2002 REMEMBER. And that is not a result of inflation. Get your facts straight.
Hmm. I wonder what happened to the family benefits when a veteran dies. Is that the highest in history? I think not. And, why did the company I work for have to donate money to a foundation to build to build a shelter for veterans families so they can visit their loved ones while their torn and twisted bodies are being partially reconstructed. You'd think a gov't that supports their troops would see to it that they are taken care of. (Then again, you'd think a govt that says they support their troops wouldn't send them to die so various indstries could make money.)

joedekock said:
Condoms out of school??? If you finish that question with the rest of the TRUTH, yes because they are instilling abstinence in place of giving out condoms. And no one can deny that abstinence is 100% safe from unwanted pregnancies, and STD's Right or Wrong?
I did not say anything about "condoms out of school". Although, I'm not sure what that means. Are you refering to dispensing condoms in schools? I never said they should do it, nor do I think it is proper.
However, expecting teenagers not to have sex because you tell them it's bad is ridiculous. It's not bad. It's quite good, actually. I'm sure most men would agree that the sex they had as a teenager may not have been the best techinically, but they probably look back at it with the most fondness. Sure, abstinance is 100% effective against pregnancy and STD's. But, not eating is 100% effective against food poisining, as well. Asking teenagers not to do either is stupid.

joedekock said:
If you want to receive the health care that the Iraqis are receiving from us. Be my guest. I prefer to have a real doctor or surgeon operate on me and prescribe my pills, not a Military doctor who has not been to a real medical school for his training. If you want national government run health care... ask the hard working Canadians or Europeans how they like the long lines of waiting to see a doctor that is overworked and is wondering why he got into his profession. And if they need surgery for something life threatening if they can get it taken care of right away. They can't in fact, they prefer to come To America for any life threatening procedure that they have to get it taken care of on time with a good doctor. Research this... its true.
Nobody, except the most goofy liberals, are suggesting a completely socialized medical system in this country. They are talking about ensuring that everybody has access to decent healthcare. Sure. the poorest have gov't help. The richest can afford it. Many middle class have decent private insurance. But, too many hard-working Americans have no health insurance, and cannot afford to get sick. They need the govt to step in and help. THAT is national security, not bombing the sh*t out some piss poor country half way around the world. Research this....it's true.

joedekock said:
I don't know where you are going with the global warming and creationism deal. Be more specific.
You're kidding, right? You do watch or read the news, don't you? Or, are your only news outlets FOX and the 700 Club? Ya see, a number of school boards, even as high as the state klevel, are trying to teach Creationism as "science". SCIENCE. We might as well teach that the Earth was once populated by Hobbits with magic rings. That story also comes from a fantasy book with lots of fans.

joedekock said:
As far as your reference to Limbaugh's MEDICATION addiction, pills are not illegal if they are prescribed to you, which he did get. Yes he has connections to get those pills and that is wrong, but he was not committing a crime... the doctor did. And that's how it was worked out in the courts. I am not a huge Rush fan, but this same thing happened to Howard Stern back in the early 90's, and even though I hate Howard, I say the same for him. Drugs like Marijuana, cocaine, LSD are illegal, that is plainly written in our laws. Don't compare the two.
"Hey Consuela, run down to the parking lot behind the 7-11 and ask Big Jimmy for a couple of bags of my MEDICATION. And make it snappy. I'm on the air in 10 minutes."

joedekock said:
I don't recall the media playing off Bush's alcohol addiction, in fact, I don't recall Bush doing it. I remember quite well that he publicly numerous times (in the first election), admitted to it, and that made the libs and Dem's mad. You didn't hear much about it after that, except from the extreme lib blogs, because in the second election they had nothing on Bush except for a phony military record, which we all know what happened to that in the end. And yes Bill Clinton doing Drugs is a crime, (remember what I said in the last rebuttal to your statement about Rush). Alcohol is not a crime, unless you are hurting someone else while doing it. I happen to not care that Clinton did those things back then, I understand people are stupid when they are young, I know I was. So forgive and forget. But the whole thing about having an affair on my dime. That does not sit well with me, especially when your the leader of the free world. You care so much about our image with other countries while Bush is president, but Clinton can have an affair in the white house, and our image does not matter??? :confused:
Actually, I was talking about cocaine, not alcohol. I don't remember Bush admitting to it. And, it certainly is a crime, which usually has stiffer penalties than marijuana, if I'm not mistaken. Of course, as long as he's not doing big fat rails off of the desk in the oval office, I don't care that he used to snort coke. Just fess up.

joedekock said:
Is has been a privilege doing these rebuttals... I mean that in a serious friendly matter. :)
Likewise. It's a pleasure being able to disagree with someone without having personal insults hurled at me (and having to hurl them back in response, which I am usually far far better at than any of my opponents.)

bpickell said:
my opinions may be based on my perception but most are pretty darn accurate. I don't need to go do polls to figure out our hitler of a leader is an @$$. I don't need to spend hours on cnn.com to figure out that what he is doing is wrong. I don't have to read the bible again to figure out that he closely resembles antichrist (except I don't think he hails from Europe.) But he sure as hell is one great deceiver.

And one great thing about this country is we are still entitled to our opinions (For now.) If Mr. Dubya has his way we would have all our rights stripped away and be like Russia 20 years ago.

At least I admit that I don't have any sources to back up what I have to say, unlike most of the rest of you who defend him. He is by far the worst president we have ever had. Again my perception. If you are counting news sources forget it, they are one sided and only print half the truth and you know it.

WOW you are right on a few things. The news is 95%+ liberal controlled and only reports negative things about the President.

History will show Billiary Clinton is the ALL TIME worst co-presidents of all time. You say Chaney runs the white house. If true at least he was ELECTED!!! Hillery ran the white house while slick willie was off playing slob my knob for a pardon!

All you have to do is read the news to see that the Clinton's are the most corrupt family (save the kennedy's) to be in government.

bpickell said:
my opinions may be based on my perception but most are pretty darn accurate. I don't need to go do polls to figure out our hitler of a leader is an @$$. I don't need to spend hours on cnn.com to figure out that what he is doing is wrong. I don't have to read the bible again to figure out that he closely resembles antichrist (except I don't think he hails from Europe.) But he sure as hell is one great deceiver.

And one great thing about this country is we are still entitled to our opinions (For now.) If Mr. Dubya has his way we would have all our rights stripped away and be like Russia 20 years ago.

At least I admit that I don't have any sources to back up what I have to say, unlike most of the rest of you who defend him. He is by far the worst president we have ever had. Again my perception. If you are counting news sources forget it, they are one sided and only print half the truth and you know it.

We will agree to disagree my friend. :) You are entitled to your opinion on the president, or anything for that matter, just like myself. And how we build that opinion is our desire. I don't think that will ever be taken away from us, the USA will always be a free society, no matter who is in the Whitehouse, that's why our branches of government are set up so that one cannot have more control over the other.

I do want to say that the Bible clearly states that the Antichrist's that Jesus talks about in Mathew, Luke and Revelation, will clearly call themselves the Christ.. As far as I know, Bush has not done this. Sort of like David Kouresh, when he said he was Jesus Christ. And keep your eye on this self proclaimed prophet from Utah who is building his compound in Texas... he may claim the same thing. ;)

Air America is going under because people don't want to hear a constant barrage of doom and gloom, much like some of the opinions in this post. The problem with most liberals and democrats is that they whine with their hindsight "logic" yet they provide no solutions in the problem solving arena. That simply doesn't solve anything. It doesn't help our country, and it doesn't boost the morale of our brave Americans fighting in harms way. This country would be a far better place if politicians like Ted Kennedy, Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schurmer were out of power and we were spared any further spewing of their vitriolic and insensitive remarks.

joedekock said:
By the way did anyone else see Air America is going under? There is something to be said about liberal talk radio. IT DOES NOT WORK TO BASH THE PRESIDENT AND HIS POLICIES, AND IF YOU DO, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE POLICY TO PRESENT.

I wonder what happened to the family benefits when a veteran dies. Is that the highest in history? I think not.
Actually it is.
Subsidized life insurance policy is now up to $250,000. A lot more than when I was in the Marines less than 10 years ago.
One year of housing and medical benefits for the family.
Not too shabby.

Typically military pay and benefits go up under republicans and not democrats. I still remember when Clinton tried to give us no raise in 1994 and cut full retirement til only after 30 years (Bush later restored to 20).

Ahhh, I got it! The sperm donor Father has no rights in the decision making before birth, but after the birth, he's on the hook for child support. :rolleyes:

GaryPen said:
Legalized abortion has nothing to do with whether or not Europeans smile. That's just silly. The divorce rate in the US is among the highest in the world. And, yes, a woman shouldn't have to consult the father-TO-BE. (He ain't the father yet.)

GaryPen said:
Likewise. It's a pleasure being able to disagree with someone without having personal insults hurled at me (and having to hurl them back in response, which I am usually far far better at than any of my opponents.)

Gary, it has truly been a pleasure, it is obvious that we are both of higher intelligence than most people on these "two sided issues". I am glad there are sensible people that can argue points the way you do on the other side of the fence from me. Keep it up, they need people like you with a head on their shoulders! I am not even going to respond to anything you gave me, I am going to call it done between us with these issues, (it is obvious we could both keep it going for a while). But I don't watch the 700 club! I happen to think that Pat Robertson is a stain for the religious right wing. In Mathew 10:16 Jesus said to his Disciples: "You are like sheep among wolves, therefore be a shrewd as a snake and innocent as a dove". That is why Robertson fails... in my opinion.

Take care my friend :)

sidekick said:
Ahhh, I got it! The sperm donor Father has no rights in the decision making before birth, but after the birth, he's on the hook for child support. :rolleyes:

GaryPen said:

:haha :haha :haha :haha

Nailed it on the dead there... that's a liberal policy for ya!

joedekock said:
Gary, it has truly been a pleasure, it is obvious that we are both of higher intelligence than most people on these "two sided issues". I am glad there are sensible people that can argue points the way you do on the other side of the fence from me.
Thank you
joedekock said:
I am not even going to respond to anything you gave me, I am going to call it done between us with these issues, (it is obvious we could both keep it going for a while). But I don't watch the 700 club! I happen to think that Pat Robertson is a stain for the religious right wing. In Mathew 10:16 Jesus said to his Disciples: "You are like sheep among wolves, therefore be a shrewd as a snake and innocent as a dove". That is why Robertson fails... in my opinion.
On that, we can agree! :) Personally, I think Robertson's about as shrewd as a dove, and innocent as a snake.

joedekock said:
sidekick said:

:haha :haha :haha :haha

Nailed it on the dead there... that's a liberal policy for ya!
Another simpleton outlook on the world. Look. Just because someone does not agree with your far right view of the world, does not make them a liberal. There is a lot of space between the hippie nutbag granola flake ideas of the far left and the scary greedy jingoistic religious ideas of the far right.

Gary ... Whatever happened to: " It's a pleasure being able to disagree with someone without having personal insults hurled at me (and having to hurl them back in response, which I am usually far far better at than any of my opponents
True colors usually show through, much like a prism cannot be but what it is. You feel the need to brand me a simpleton and a far-right activist simply because I don't agree with your argument. 1. I'm far from being a simpleton and have no doubts I would hold my own against you in any debate, and 2. I don't consider myself to be far-right. I have my own independently formed beliefs that aren't borne along party lines. People like you, who believe they're open to differing ideology, are really such stauch supporters of their own beliefs that they become entrenched in those beliefs without realizing the full extent that they're stuck. I understand how that occurs. people need to believe in "something". I will just agree to disagree with you, without hurling insults as there's really no need for that. And, with that .. I believe this subject has been exhausted and I will move on to the next adventure. Take care.

GaryPen said:
joedekock said:
Another simpleton outlook on the world. Look. Just because someone does not agree with your far right view of the world, does not make them a liberal. There is a lot of space between the hippie nutbag granola flake ideas of the far left and the scary greedy jingoistic religious ideas of the far right.

GaryPen said:
You are correct about the twisted logic. THAT WAS THE POINT. .

Typical obfuscation. I know what you meant. You know what you meant.

Call me anything you like. It seems name calling is your forte.

WOW! We have gotten sidetracked:(

Lets PLEASE get back to bush!

Just a few hours till the evening news, so we will have more troubles to discuss!

Anyone else going to a anti war demonstration to mark the 3rd year of this waste?

im going to a support the troops and the commander in chief rally.

where you been bob? oh ,you got another postponement in the sadam trial. LOL

Bob Haller said:
WOW! We have gotten sidetracked:(

Lets PLEASE get back to bush!

Just a few hours till the evening news, so we will have more troubles to discuss!

Anyone else going to a anti war demonstration to mark the 3rd year of this waste?

No... I will be at work like a real American. ;)

i wont be lonely at all, ill be getting on with my life installing directv. the flag is up and lit. i have to find this article for you, the pittsburgh anti war rally is expected to draw.......................................................................................................................300-400 protesters. 2.9 million metro area 6 major universities, 3-4 hundred BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

the freakin police arent even going to show up!!!

you go to your rally, tell mamma sheehan i said , HI!!

oh BTW, your next pres/vp will be Guilianni/McCain or the reverse order, does not matter, wont be a dem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Beatles Box April 11

Accepting credit cards

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)