Watching DVR on Hopper 3 with No Satellite Signal?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

reubenray

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 30, 2018
Bella Vista, Arkansas
Being I have been unable to watch any of my recorded shows on my EHD with my Wally I am thinking about switching to a Hopper 3.

But the above question is a concern?

Yes, that has always worked for me. I've never lost signal for very long, so I don't know if it would stop after hours of no signal or not. I suspect that it would not go indefinitely.

The EHD on your Wally is not compatible with an EHD on any Hopper or VIP DVR receiver.

If you connect the Wally EHD to the Hopper it WILL reformat it.

Being I have been unable to watch any of my recorded shows on my EHD with my Wally I am thinking about switching to a Hopper 3.

But the above question is a concern?

With a Hopper, as the hard drive is built in, there's no issue with compatibility or faulty cables or anything like that like you're having now; you can watch from the Hopper's built in DVR (if you pre-recorded events) without satellite signal. If connected to the Internet, you can also watch On Demand content without signal as well. The receiver does have to be active on the account though, this doesn't work for a disabled receiver.

- Phoenix

Reactions: charlesrshell
With a Hopper, as the hard drive is built in, there's no issue with compatibility or faulty cables or anything like that like you're having now; you can watch from the Hopper's built in DVR (if you pre-recorded events) without satellite signal. If connected to the Internet, you can also watch On Demand content without signal as well. The receiver does have to be active on the account though, this doesn't work for a disabled receiver.

- Phoenix

This is what I am thinking the issue with the Wally is. But I have a few questions about the Hopper 3 for my RV.

Will I be able to pause and unpause the Hopper 3 to use in my RV?

Also can I have a second Hopper 3 if I buy it myself?

You would have to buy the second Hopper and yes you can activate/deactivate your owned receiver at will. Pause is an account thing rather than individual receiver thing.

You would have to buy the second Hopper and yes you can activate/deactivate your owned receiver at will. Pause is an account thing rather than individual receiver thing.

Thanks!!

It will cost me a few bucks, but I think this would be the best way to get away from my EHD issue with the Wally.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)