Watching from a different location?

lgb0250

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2006
We have a place at the beach and we’re wondering how to watch our DVR content on our tv while there. I know about DISH anywhere but I want to put it up on a big screen, not my iPad, etc.

We have a place at the beach and we’re wondering how to watch our DVR content on our tv while there. I know about DISH anywhere but I want to put it up on a big screen, not my iPad, etc.
If you have internet there, use a Firestick with the Dish Anywhere App although you could always cast your iPad etc to your big screen

Reactions: charlesrshell
Best PQ for a big screen TV is Amazon Fire TV and the free Dish Anywhere app. That will provide full resolution. The problem with some "casting" is that it may send the video to the TV at the resolution used by the mobile device--unless it uses the URL for the source, and while Chromecast does that, I don't think "casting" form most mobile devices does that), and such a "cast" results in PQ that is not so good on big screen TV's.

Fire TV with Dish Anywhere app is excellent PQ on big screen TV's, and you will think the Dish box is at your location rather than far away via internet. Learning the DA menus on the Fire TV is the only new learning curve, but once you get the hang of it, you get used to it.

Surprised nobody suggested to put up a dish and take your receiver with you.
...or just take the receiver by itself, since the original question was just about watching DVR content. Of course, it would not be able to make any new recordings while it is unhooked from the satellite signal, but existing recordings would still be playable.

Reactions: sktrus
If you have internet there, use a Firestick with the Dish Anywhere App although you could always cast your iPad etc to your big screen
So, since it seems chromecast doesn't work with dish anywhere, though I thought I'd read that it would, is there a specific fire stick that is required? or do they all work?
Just trying to get recordings to another TV in the home without a joey, on the same network. Chromecast got sound but no picture on the first phone I tried it with, second phone doesn't get beyond loading and then an error number 2025, even without attempting casting. Tried a low end tablet, and it could play video until I tried casting, then got the same error. It's not just the low resolution I started expecting when I figured out there wasn't a cast button in the app, it seems to be completely blocked.

So, since it seems chromecast doesn't work with dish anywhere, though I thought I'd read that it would, is there a specific fire stick that is required? or do they all work?
Just trying to get recordings to another TV in the home without a joey, on the same network. Chromecast got sound but no picture on the first phone I tried it with, second phone doesn't get beyond loading and then an error number 2025, even without attempting casting. Tried a low end tablet, and it could play video until I tried casting, then got the same error. It's not just the low resolution I started expecting when I figured out there wasn't a cast button in the app, it seems to be completely blocked.
Well, they're basically the same but the Firestick 4K is much faster and has, I'm sure more RAM or a better/faster processor

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)