Watching programs from one dvr to the other = fade

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

andreah1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 28, 2005
We have 2 hoppers - honestly not sure which ones but definitely not 3's, they're fairly old. When watching a program on one hopper that was recorded on the other hopper (run on sentence, ha ha) there seems to be a lot of fade during the program. This happens with both hoppers and only if watching a program that was recorded on the opposite hopper. Any idea what would cause that? It looks as if the signal is fading due to a storm, etc. but when you watch the program on the hopper it was recorded on there is no fade so obviously it's not a satellite problem but something within the hardware/software. Has this happened to anyone else or do you know why it's happening? Anything I can do (besides watching it where it was recorded)? Would it be the wifi? Thanks!

Please ddescribe what you are seeing/hearing that you term "fade". Is it like an old NTSC signal that gets snowey and dimmer, do colors become less vbrant, is the sound softer/lower volume? Are you experiencing pixellation or macro blocking?

Tried to google an image but can't find one. No, not like the old snowy stuff - it's just like if it starts raining hard or snowing and the image fades in and out (no problem with sound that I recall) - looks almost pixilated or maybe it's the macro blocked that you mentioned - squares of the image missing then fade back in if that makes sense?

Tried to google an image but can't find one. No, not like the old snowy stuff - it's just like if it starts raining hard or snowing and the image fades in and out (no problem with sound that I recall) - looks almost pixilated or maybe it's the macro blocked that you mentioned - squares of the image missing then fade back in if that makes sense?
That is referred to as pixelation. BTW, is this happening on all channels or just OTA (if any)?

Thanks, thought so. We don't have OTA. I've noticed it on the broadcast networks (nbc, abc, cbs), haven't watched any other channels recently. Just to reiterate, this is on recordings only. The picture is crystal clear live and when watching the recording on the hopper it was actually recorded on.

Yes, have tried that. Still happens. Luckily it's not an everyday thing to watch a show on the opposite one but it's annoying when I do.

Yes, have tried that. Still happens. Luckily it's not an everyday thing to watch a show on the opposite one but it's annoying when I do.
We had what you are describing happen once. I unplugged both hoppers for about a minute. Plugged the main hopper in first. Let it completely boot up and do it's thing then I plugged in the second hopper. Haven't had it happen again

Hmm, I don't think I waited a full minute. I will give that a try tomorrow when stuff isn't recording and see if it clears up. Glad to see that I'm not the only one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)