watching stored programs

Jessica Snow

Original poster
Dec 29, 2010
we just switched from dish to uverse but we still have tons of programs stored on an external hard drive, from our dish dvr. is there any way to access/save/watch these programs or do we have to pay for another month of service just to watch them all?

Anything you can transfer back to the internal drive you will be able to watch at any time. (until you have to return the receiver to DISH.) Anything on the external drive will be lost forever once your subscription is canceled.

we just switched from dish to uverse but we still have tons of programs stored on an external hard drive, from our dish dvr. is there any way to access/save/watch these programs or do we have to pay for another month of service just to watch them all?

You might be wise to keep Dish until a week or so after your Uverse install to make sure you are satisfied with it.

Uverse does not even offer that great of incentive for new subscribers. Why would you switch. They are even more expensive.

I've done SEVERAL installs where people went from DTV/DishN to UVERSE then back to satellite after a few weeks. One guy didn't even have it for 48 hours.

At least the re-install will be easy for the Dish tech :)

well unfortunately, it was not my choice-so I'm stuck with 400gb of programming I can't watch. I had a sinking suspicion that the salesguy who pitched it to my parents lied when he said it would work-no problem-and when the install guy came, he almost laughed at me when I asked if it was transferable/usable. So I laughed right back at him when he said the UV dvr records "hundreds of hours" because it's only 233-ish, and when I told him how we had filled up our dvr and external drive(more than once). So now we have to be super diligent about watching everything and not letting it pile up. I'm not in love with the UV setup and dvr boxes either, with the separate boxes that all tie into one and the limited menu choices and personalization. I don't foresee us going back because my parents are getting a bundle discount so I guess I'll wipe my drive and use it for something else. Thanks everyone!!

Tell your parents everyone bundles everything, and find the right retailer and they will probably buy out the UV subscription.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)