Way behind the curve....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dhole

Original poster
Dec 24, 2003
I am way behind the E* HD curve. I bought an 811 in 2004 and have a 501, 508 and 301 installed in the house. Currently paying about $100 for E180 + the old HD pack at $9.95. Have of course, never heard from E* about upgrading or anything other than an audit call. I am wondering what I could expect from E* to get up to date or do I have to go be a new customer at D*
to get the best kind of deal.

I went through the local dealer that I got the original system from. I got the new 622 (new at the time) for about $50 after rebate. Dropped the 9.95 HD pkg & got the new $20 pkg. Went from ~5 channels HD to 27 (at the time), plus, the 622 will record an OTA while recording 2 sat channels, something my old 921 wouldn't do.

Do what just about everyone else does these days. Call one of the retailers that send you those flyers in your mail. Tell them you want to set up as a new customer. They will get you an all new system. This is what they will do.

Use your wifes name or spell yours wrong
Use a cell phone number or a new number if your old one has changed
Change your address to something like APT #1

Your set, a tech will show up to install a new system. He will be happy because you have an existing system that can be used.

It is silly of Dish to allow it, but it is done all the time. If they allow it to happen then I guess that is what they want you to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)