Way to Go Dish!

Dudleydog73

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Raleigh, NC
I was pleasantly surprised that the crawls at the bottom of 3 of my local channels document contract disputes between people other than Dish for once! Our NBC affiliate is fighting with Time Warner Cable and the Fox and CBS affiliates that are owned by the same company are fighting with DirecTV.

Here's to Dish keeping everyone in our DMA happy for a change. :)

It really isn't for once. All the other MVPD's have the same disputes as Dish. It's just that we are on a Dish/satellite forum and Dish has always gotten more publicity because of its "fiesty" (coined by the press) owner, Charles Ergen. It's just that Dish or Charlie more often tell it like it is, from their view, than some other MVPD's, and the press loves that. Let's not forget the infamous TWC vs. Disney (ABC O&O's) a few years back.

I was pleasantly surprised that the crawls at the bottom of 3 of my local channels document contract disputes between people other than Dish for once! Our NBC affiliate is fighting with Time Warner Cable and the Fox and CBS affiliates that are owned by the same company are fighting with DirecTV.

Here's to Dish keeping everyone in our DMA happy for a change. :)

different contract dates for each provider ;)

I guess Directv didn't have a month long spat with a whole slate of channels a number of months ago.

and unlike when Dish had their "spat" with AMC where people here were ready to jump off the bridge when Viacrap had the issue with D* most people didnt care ;)

I remember when dish had their spat with Viacom several years ago. It was bad and for the 3 days it lasted it was hell dealing with customers. Got several chargebacks as a result.

Directv's spat lasted almost 2 weeks. Got some slack from customers in the first few days, but after that nobody seemed to care. No chargebacks either :)

I think when dish had the Viacom fiasco this was the first time a major provider pulled such a large group of channels. Today, people have been through a few of these disputes and they are becoming transparent to it, especially considering today when consumers live off their Dvr's and don't miss a channel bring gone from their lineup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts