Wayman Tisdale loses battle to cancer....

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
...One of my favorite players in college and the NBA, died this morning at such a young age.

Damn cancer....:mad::mad::(

Wayman Tisdale, a three-time All-American at Oklahoma, who played 12 seasons in the NBA, died after a two-year battle with cancer. He was 44.

Tisdale died Friday morning at St. John Medical Center in Tulsa, hospital spokeswoman Joy McGill said.

Tisdale learned of a cancerous cyst below his right knee after breaking his leg in a fall at his home in Los Angeles on Feb. 8, 2007. His leg was amputated last August. He made several public appearances since, including April 7 at an Oklahoma City Thunder game.

A 6-foot-9 forward from Tulsa with a soft left-handed touch, Tisdale played in the NBA with the Indiana Pacers, Sacramento Kings and Phoenix Suns. He averaged 15.3 points for his career. He was on the U.S. team that won the gold medal in the 1984 Olympics.

After his basketball career, he became an award-winning jazz musician, with several albums making the top 10 on the Billboard charts. Last month, he was chosen for induction into the National Collegiate Basketball Hall of Fame.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4168852"]Wayman Tisdale, Oklahoma Sooners basketball legend, dies at 44 - ESPN[/ame]

So young, how tragic!! :(

Wayman was one of the better college players I ever saw, and he had a very good NBA career also.

Condolenses to his family, friends and ex-teammates.................R.I.P. Wayman

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)