WB Affiliates on Ku-Band Satellite (1998) (1 Viewer)

Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!

Martyn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 25, 2005
Annandale, VA
Not till I find some answers, Ken Werner the VP of Distribution at The WB Network at the time (now retired) might probably have it (or I could wait for a Satellite TV Week Magazine edition from June 1998 to appear on eBay).
The San Diego Public Library says it has some copies. It might be worth calling them and taking a trip:

JosephHolloway1998

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 29, 2019
Porter Ranch, CA
The San Diego Public Library says it has some copies. It might be worth calling them and taking a trip:
San Diego is just 146 miles from where I live at (11400 Amigo Avenue; can't give out the entire address for privacy reasons), plus the newer Delta variants of COVID-19 is causing Travel precautions.

JosephHolloway1998

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 29, 2019
Porter Ranch, CA
He got back to me and recommended Russell Myerson (then-Executive Vice Pres. and General Manager at The WeB (WB100+ in its developmental stages)) and Mitch Nedick (who survived the transition to The CW), in which I'll contact them later.

JosephHolloway1998

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 29, 2019
Porter Ranch, CA
In one of TV listings from the Scranton/Wilkes Barre market (via Newspapers.com), WYLN-LP (which was The WB affiliate Scranton area before WOLF-TV) would often show local or syndication programming in lieu of WB shows (You're the One, Unhappily..., Jamie Foxx, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, 7th Heaven, Dawson's Creek etc...). So, the Superstation feed of WGN-TV (Galaxy 5, transponder 7) acted as a "de facto" national feed of The WB from it's January 1995 launch for areas that didn't have an affiliate (even below the 100 mark).

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts