WB and UPN HD

phillycreamboy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 9, 2006
Has anyone heard anything about either WB or UPN coming to Dish in HD? I know the two networks will merge soon, just curious.

Since both networks will be gone soon, I can't imagine why they would bother putting them up until things settle down.

BUT (pure speculation here), the channel numbering of the HD locals indicate the plan is to have 6 channels per market. My guess would be PBS and CW will go into the other two slots. Perhaps they'll go live when CW launches. But at this point, they need to get a lot more markets up before worrying about things like that.

What type of UPN/WB in HD are you referring to? If you're talking locals (LIL), it depends on the market. Whenever Little Rock gets HD LIL, the local UPN/CW station (the second OTA HD station on the market, after its sister the Fox affiliate) is almost certain to be there; but WB/MNTV isn't on OTA HD yet. But in Cincinnati (I know this because its CW affiliation was announced the same day as Little Rock), CW will be an OTA subchannel of the CBS affiliate, so unless they offer an HD feed to cable and/or satellite, it will never be HD.

If you're referring to HD superstations, or to HD versions of the out-of-market UPN/WB stations (Miami, San Diego, etc.) now being included with LIL in DMAs without UPN or WB, that's E*'s call.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)