WB Fall Lineup Preview!? Huh!?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sgupta

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 9, 2004
Hey folks,

Perhaps this should have gone into the DVR forum - I dunno, but I thought it was general enough to post here, so I hope that's okay. I use an HD Tivo and from time to time the menu has various "features" (movie previews, things like the space shuttle launch, etc.). Well, tonight, it has a preview of the fall WB lineup.

What's extremely odd is that I don't get the WB from DirecTV (wish I did...I have to resort to cable for it), so why in the world would they be showing the fall preview for it? Are there plans to pick up the channel on a national level soon?

(The only other possibility I can think of is that I get remote network feeds from New York, so they MIGHT just think I'd be interested since if I actually lived in New York, it'd be a local channel.)

Thanks,
Shaun

I have not seen this message on my HDTIVO, and I am not able to get WB or UPN OTA. So, either my Tivo hasn't downloaded that message or it is some kind of regional thing. But I don't think D* does local or distant feeds for WB or UPN. I could be wrong, but I think they only do ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX

It sure would be nice if D* would get off their a** and carry the national feeds of UPN and WB like E* does. I would pay a little extra to get them.

Thanks for the response. I know they don't currently offer the nationals, which is why I'm so very perplexed by this. lol. I immediately checked to see if perhaps they added it, but no such luck, so I was hoping maybe it meant something was down the line for it.

I believe its called "advertising" I have a variety of crap show up on my tivo from time to time. Lately it seems to be "40 year old virgin" Last year, I did have the WB thing show up for a while. But, I have had a variety of things - a disney thing, one for ING, showtime, starz, etc.

Odd. I just find it really odd that there are ads for things unavailable on DirecTV. Movies I can understand, but channels I'm surprised by. Oh well - thanks for the heads up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)