WBNS 10 TV filing for Transfer of Control 4/01/2022

dweber

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 29, 2005
Plain City, OH
WBNS 10 TV (CBS) in Columbus, Ohio has filed an application with the FCC for Transfer of Control on April 1, 2022. I googled the FCC document. TEGNA Inc. wants to Transfer control to SGCI Holdings LLC. SGCI is Sterling Global Capital Investment which is a private company based in Hong Kong.
I emailed the General Manager at WBNS TV because I am concerned that a Chinese company would be allowed to control a TV station. I am waiting for their reply. Hopefully I am wrong.

• Sad
Reactions: FTA4PA
WBNS 10 TV (CBS) in Columbus, Ohio has filed an application with the FCC for Transfer of Control on April 1, 2022. I googled the FCC document. TEGNA Inc. wants to Transfer control to SGCI Holdings LLC. SGCI is Sterling Global Capital Investment which is a private company based in Hong Kong.
I emailed the General Manager at WBNS TV because I am concerned that a Chinese company would be allowed to control a TV station. I am waiting for their reply. Hopefully I am wrong.
That was 26 days ago. You sure on that date?

Reactions: navychop
That was 26 days ago. You sure on that date?

I was watching soccer on WBNS TV today and they were required to announce the filing for public comments. I then googled WBNS transfer of control and found the Following FCC document:

They have the application history under attachments. The latest is transfer of control submitted April 1, 2022 and currently pending.

I then googled SGCI Holding and found

Last edited:
Reactions: primestar31
The company is still going to remain Tegna. Just someone else is going to run it

On February 22, 2022, Tegna announced that it had agreed to be taken private by a group led by Standard General and Apollo Global Management for $24 per-share, valuing the company at $5.4 billion. The company, which will retain the Tegna name, will be controlled by an affiliate of Standard General, with Standard Media CEO Deb McDermott (who previously led Young Broadcasting and Media General) becoming CEO.

Also Standard Media already has some stations that they've owned for a few years. The ABC is Lincoln, NE and Providence, RI alongside the FOX and My affiliates in Paducah, KY

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts