WD External DVR

Please note that after pressing the DVR button you need press 6 to get to the My Media menu. It comes up automatically when first inserting the USB plug or switching on a powered drive. The hint is the bicolored down triangle. They have made it less than obvious.

I'm in the habit of DVR+6+2+1 for accessing the external recordings or DVR+6+2+2 to store a new recording or just check its size.

-Ken

I was going to ask these queries myself, because I now have an EHD connected to my 722k. I originally decided against getting one because at the time, the $40 fee applied to every compatible DVR model, and I didn't feel I needed the extra storage. The former has been waived for receivers that already have DVR capbilities, and as for the latter, that went from "Don't need it" to "Always good to have in case you want to protect shows." I have all of my protected shows and movies transferring right now. Anyhow, despite this question not originally being posted by me, it's only fair that I thank you all for the answers.

I believe the external recording mechanism is to record via an external VCR or DVD recorder hooked up to the Dish receiver's video/audio outputs.

As far as I know, the only receivers that support direct recording to an external drive are those that have no internal (e.g. the 211).

Can you explain the COPY procedure? I have had a 622, 612 and Hopper and don't recall any way to copy. The only option I've ever seen is TRANSFER (aka move).

Typed COPY meant MOVE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)