We need a new forum

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

jayn_j

Press On Regardless
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 29, 2003
Sheboygan, WI
In spite of forum descriptions and a sticky thread, a large percentage of traffic in this thread is from new members posting sat specific questions.

How about a new forum that goes before the Ops Center? The forum name is "DON'T POST HERE" and it contains a single thread with pointers on where to post. Forum is locked to new threads.

Just a thought, and it might cut down on work for the mods.

I notice a lot of sites have their ops forum at the bottom. Not really that big of a deal moving the thread. A staff member usually catches it pretty quickly.

Not to knock anyone that posts in a wrong forum as we have all probably done it, but man is it just me or does it seem like the ones that post in the Ops forum are on an internet forum for the first time and really seem lost on most sites like this are setup?

The real problem is to many sub forums and only post to this forums. Unfortunatly I agree that they need to be divided, but point in example there is a dish technical forum and a dish hd forum. Personally I would post any equipment questions in a technical forum as that is what it would be related to, well usually.

Bottom line be more clear on forum section titles. Not vague.

Ohh and I got to add, people stop being so f'n anal about where people post, there are alot more important issues to worry about other than where someone posted a topic on a forum.

In spite of forum descriptions and a sticky thread, a large percentage of traffic in this thread is from new members posting sat specific questions.

How about a new forum that goes before the Ops Center? The forum name is "DON'T POST HERE" and it contains a single thread with pointers on where to post. Forum is locked to new threads.
you mean this?? ;)
http://www.satelliteguys.us/satelli...t-post-satellite-specific-questions-area.html

Just a thought, and it might cut down on work for the mods.

eh, it keeps us on our toes :)

Maybe just rename it to Web site operations, taking satellite out of the name altogether so it is not confusing to new people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts