Weak MOCA

ripnbigc

Freeze Sucker!
Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
Wichita, Ks
For the last couple days, both of my Joeys have been losing connection to the Hopper. The error says to check the connections, which are good. The status screen shows weak moca and nothing has changed.

Try a red button reboot on the Hopper. I would also reboot the Joeys. You could also try a network reset from the Hopper. If these don't help I would suspect your node is dying. HTH!!

If you are seeing weak MoCA then i would suspect the node or the cable.

First trace the lines make sure all the fittings are crimped, the stingers aren't too long or too short, there aren't extra splitters or barrels or diplexers in the line.

If the cable looks good then we replace the node. If a replacement node doesn't fix it then i start replacing cable.

As a last resort we replace the joey if its just one, if multiple joeys are having the issues i replace the hopper.

Sent From My Samsung Hercules

Thanks, I already checked all the connections and rebooted. Guess its time to call Dish.

I recently upgraded from the hopper to the HWS and my joeys have been doing the same thing. I guess the joeys/hopper sent in a trouble call and dish called yesterday to setup a tech visit for Monday.

The original hopper had yellow MoCA bars from the original install but from day one with the HWS I've had disconnects.

I believe the run from dish to hopper back to node to Joey is too long.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys

Well they ran all new lines and moved the dish to a pole mount for a shorter run and I now have all green bars. No more disconnects!

The tech was a guy I graduated high school with and he did an awesome job. He knew his stuff.

Hope the OP has his fixed.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)