Weak signal in Vermont

mszekely

Original poster
Dec 4, 2008
I have a VIP722 receiver and two dishes. One pointing at 61.5 and the other at 110 and 119. I am getting signal losses at specific times of the day. I lost the 61.5 signal completely but am assuming I am pointing at the wrong Sat since I have a mgood signal on the meter but no signal on the point dish. I believe I can fix the 61.5 issue now that my son is visiting and I can have him look at the point dish screen to see if I am hitting the right Sat. I believe the other problem can be resolved by pointing the dish properly. Am I on track and should I tune the dish on specific transponders (weakest)? I am in the Burlington, Vermont area. Thanks

Can you give more detail about your losses?
What specific times of day does it happen?
What channel and transponder are you watching when it happens?

It happens mostly around 8 PM. I havent paid enough attention to what channels it happens on but i wmostly watch the locals. I have the receiver in single mode and lose the signal on one transponder (2) first. I sometimetime lose the signal on both. Thursday nights I record the comedy shows on NBC and watch CBS & FOX from 8 to 10. I'll check before 8 and can view both channels on the PIP, but almost never get a successful recording of the other stations. I'll get a message saying the nsignal was lost. I just reaimed at the 61.5 with my son watching the tv and got it back but the signals vary from 25 to 45 depending on the transponder.

I just reaimed at the 61.5 with my son watching the tv and got it back but the signals vary from 25 to 45 depending on the transponder.
Yeserday wasn't exactly the best weather day for aiming(I'm in Burlington). I haven't tweaked my dish(over 2 1/2 years) and my numbers today ranged anywhere from one lowly 29 to serveral in the 90's. As long as you're green on the Dish sig meter you should be OK.

Last edited: