weak signal

scott407

Original poster
Mar 25, 2006
I have a dish 500 setup now and I am concerned that when the leaves are on the trees my signal will be reduced to below an acceptable level. I view only 110 & 119 satellites. Will a super dish provide more signal gain as it is larger than the dish 500 dish?

scott

First off...what are your levels for the 110 and 119 on transponders 11 and 12?

Secondly, the superdish really won't make that much of difference. Especially if your line-of-sight is obstructed. Garbage in, garbage out. If you don't have signal, it doesn't matter what size of dish you use

119 Transponder 12----- 81 signal strength, trans #11-----76

110 Transponder 12------107 signal, #11--- 101
no leaves on trees yet

scott

Sometime ago I had an install where I had the same concern....

I wasnt the origional installer but here is what happened...

I get a service call to see if I can fix this problem as the other installer had been out several times with no luck...

Anyway, I get there and the signals were not the greatest but then they werent terrible...

As I recall I think on 119 it was just over 100 maybe 104....

The problem was line of site.... a Tree in Spring grew full and blocked.... At first I felt I might need to move the dish and realized the problem there really wasnt a better spot.....

SO I played with Signal Strength.... I brought the Signal Strength up on 119 to 121 :) In this case it did the job.... not to say this will fix your situation but in my case it did....

I cant remember what 110 signals were but I know they were good.

Mark

scott407 said:
119 Transponder 12----- 81 signal strength, trans #11-----76

110 Transponder 12------107 signal, #11--- 101
no leaves on trees yet

scott

119 signals are low. The dish might need to repeaked or relocated if there is a tree or anything blocking the angle for 119. 110 looks good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts