Weather Channel App alerts

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Brodieb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 1, 2009
Maryville, MO
We had severe weather in my area last night and I was in and out of the Weather Channel App checking things out. I really like the radar screen and the alerts section - but it would be even better if I could animate the radar and get alert notifications from the app. Ideally they would be like caller ID and would be able to be turned on and off like it is. Is this even possible with Hopper Apps? Are they always on or just when you are in them?

Seriously, Dish's weather apps are quite anemic. I would hope that they change that with Hopper, but so far from what I'm reading, nope. If they would at least do the Local On The 8's feeds on the spotbeams that would be great. So far they haven't gotten out of Oklahoma and Texas (I think) with that idea. Not sure what's so hard about it. I guess most of Dish's customers don't care, Dish assumes everyone will use the Internet anyway, so I guess they don't care either. I know nothing beats the Internet for weather info, but it would be nice to check the weather on the couch on the big screen without having to pull out my keyboard and mouse.

it would be nice to check the weather on the couch on the big screen without having to pull out my keyboard and mouse.

The Weather Channel app lets you pretty much do this - you can see the current radar (static image only but still), the forecast, hourly forecast, etc. It is much better that I expected it to be.

Well what I meant was mainly looped radar. To me static radar is not nearly as useful. Certainly, the app is better than nothing, but it should have more features, especially if it could get severe weather alerts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)