Weather Channel HD Programs Start Monday

Definitely like the new HD look of the Weather Channel. However, their HD screen seems a little washed out, especially when compared with CNN's studion HD screen. Could be a lighting issue or something that needs to be tweaked.

And, of course, an ACTUAL local on the 8's in HD would be nice. But hey, I chose satellite over cable.

I can't understand why Dish can't write code to facilitate on the 8's; without them, the channel is basically worthless.

The weather channel in HD whom the @%$#& cares? This is the biggest waste of air space. At least Voom had news. You guys need a life if you watch the weather channel; hey I heard dish might bring the basket weaving channel in 1080i not that gives me a hard on! way to go dish-NOT

The weather channel in HD whom the @%$#& cares? This is the biggest waste of air space. At least Voom had news. You guys need a life if you watch the weather channel; hey I heard dish might bring the basket weaving channel in 1080i not that gives me a hard on! way to go dish-NOT

Opinions vary, just like a$@ h/;&$ vary.:D

Floods, hurricanes, tornados. All of which TWC covers very extensively. It looks like the weather IS news. You might want to consider tuning into TWC sometime as they also have weather related shows.

I really like the "Weather on the 8's" interactive device that Dish has on TWC's standard definition channel. They need to figure out a way to apply that to HD version.

I never posted in this thread, so why the hell was my quote dragged into it? Don't you have some Weather Channel HD to watch before it goes off the air for the night?

I never watched the Voom channels. I don't care about content from 2005 on some channels and just boredom fests on another

A poster over at the AVS Forums has said that PM Edition will start broadcasting in hd on June 30 at 5 pm Eastern time.