Weather Channel Radio 113

nrholland

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
Tampa Bay Area
What happened to Weather Channel Radio on Ch. 113? Are they going to bring it back? Did they have a contract dispute? I miss it. Are they going to get another national weather channel from another source? I'm mad!!

:rant:

What happened to Weather Channel Radio on Ch. 113? Are they going to bring it back? Did they have a contract dispute? I miss it. Are they going to get another national weather channel from another source? I'm mad!!

:rant:

I think the contract ended with TWC and SiriusXM decided not to renew it.

Well that just sux.. I like ch.247 ..

The original XM 247 was pretty good, during a major weather event they would often simulcast a Clear Channel station in the affected area. It was good to get reports straight from the area it was happening in, the last one I remember listening to was them simulcasting Rush Radio in New Orleans during Hurricane Gustav

I really liked the old XM 247 format, and it was one of the truly great things (which surely didn't cost much) lost to the merger. Putting TWC on was acceptable, but now with it removed...

The funny thing is, Sirius customers can still get nationwide Canadian weather courtesy of The Weather Network on ch 138. And, XM customers can hear Canadian weather on Canada 360, channel 96.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts