WeatherNation on Roku

neljtorres

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 1, 2005
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
From the Facebbok page
WeatherNation is now available on Roku! Watch WeatherNation, get weather on demand videos, current conditions, extended forecasts, advisories, and more. Help make us the highest rated weather service on Roku. We look forward to hearing your feedback.
Looks great and better than the Weather Channel

Last edited:
Good. I'll go look for it shortly.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I get it locally but it would be nice to see what happens on the national feed when they go to "the local forecast"

It is a very extensive channel. Lots of "drill down" info. I will be emailing them some feedback on improvements. For example, I think the actual temperature is more important than "feels like" so maybe they should list both.

After they left 87West I sent them a message and suggested they look into Roku as they could probably pick up a bunch of viewers. They were very nice and said they were already looking into it. Glad
they decided to add to Roku.

Very nice channel layout! I'm really impressed by the design, but the "live" video quality could be improved to be HD.

I gather they are watching every penny. Maybe one day.....

I wonder if they had success getting picked up as a subchannel, they would drop the Roku feed.

Nice.I used to use weather4us,it had a nice screensaver with local weather slide show.They started charging for it though.

When I was watching it though the small video screen appears to be better quality to me, and it appeared to show the same thing as the "live feed".
The "live feed" looked like SD for sure...still glad its on Roku.

One of our OTA signals airs WeatherNation fulltime, in full HD (not on a subchannel, on a main channel). WIWN (Wisconsin WeatherNation). Picture is superb on my 40 inch LCD TV. I will say that the Roku version isn't bad though... but do prefer it over the air with the local forecast.

I'm a recent cord cutter and I love the WeatherNation channel on Roku. I have a Roku HD 2500 and the channel has always been a little "buggy" as it sometimes hangs on the loading screen. I've learned that at that point if I push the "up" key and push "ok" it completes the load. But now there's a different problem, the live feed is completely gone. For 3 days now. I don't think it's related to my box.

Are any of you experiencing the same problem?

I have it stuck on the "loading" so I guess I'll have to try your trick

(I get it on a subchannel so I can watch it there)

Ok, I used the private message function on WeatherNations facebook page to talk to Lori Ryan. She had their engineers check it out and they did something (?). Now the WN live feed is back up. However, the loading bug is still there. As the WN loading screen is saying "Loading...." and the audio is heard I press the up key on my Roku remote (count to 2) then press OK. This takes me right to the live WN video.

As buggy as WN Roku is, I love it because it is the only thing that resembles Weather Channel for us "cord cutters"

Andy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts