Wee Sall Hopper

inazsully

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 15, 2010
Sun City West, AZ
Why oh why did "E only put three tuners in the Hopper? I've got three tuners with my old 722 (one is OTA). Double the hard drive capacity to 1TB but handcuff me with only three tuners. The only thing "D" did right with the Genie was to incorporate five, yes five big juicy tuners. Sometimes I wonder if these two guys get together and plan not to compete too much but just enough. Seriously, how hard would it have been to stuff in another two tuners?

There switching technology seems to be the problem with adding more tuners to the hopper. IMO with PTAT there is enough. cable networks repeat shows all the time, so I don't see the issue. there is not that much worth recording anyway, at least more than 3 things at once.

Get 2 Hoppers if you have to have more. But if you're living OK with a 722, the Hopper is far more capable (with PTAT), even more so with an OTA module.

And, there's an OTA USB module you can add to the Hopper to take you up to 4 actual tuners (3 tuner in the Hopper and 1 tuner in OTA module). Beats the ViP722, but you do have pony up another $30 for the OTA.

Nice thing about the Hopper OTA setup; all the Joeys have the OTA channels routed to them as well. No need to split the antenna signal between tvs.

The third tuner and PTAT have eliminated 95% of any timer conflicts here. If there is something I need to record and am out of tuners I just record it on my second hopper. Which is rare.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys

The Hopper hard drive is also 2 Terabytes in size... not 1 terabyte. I believe we have actual use of around 1.25 TB ourselves with Dish reserving the other portion for ondemand and whatever else.

The solution to tuners is to just get 4 Hoppers like 3HaloDST and you'll have 12 tuners...

Makes even less sense now.
the only reason I even replied is so that other unsuspecting customers don't get sucked into this guys misinformation.

this thread is worthless and should be skipped by everyone.....

Well, I'm certain that having another thread on this subject will make Dish Network add more tuners in the Hopper. This thread will probably be the difference. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)