4900 with P2.17
501 with P2.23

Switch: SW-64 with power inserter.

Satellite dish setup:
3 sats: 61.5 - 110 - 119

One 36" Dish for 110 with dual LNB Legacy
One 36" Dish for 119 with dual LNB Legacy
One 48" Dish for 61.5 with dual LNB Legacy

Why so big? If you would know where I live...

OK. Everything works fine with my 2700 and 4900. The receivers recognize the SW-64 and the 3 sats show on the check switch screen after I run the test switch operation on both IRD's.

Things are different with the 501. If I run the test switch it gives me the SW-64 but only sats 110-119 show on the screen. I only have X's for the 3a and 3b boxes.

However, when I go back to the point dish screen, I have a signal for the 61.5 on all the transponders! But if I run the check switch again, I get the same results. I just can't get the 61.5 to appear on results screen.

I tried to modify the location of the 501, meaning that I used the 4900 and then the 2700 cable coming from the switch instead and I got the same results. Also tried with all the other cables from the switch with no go.

I also tried to go with a virgin EEPROM and Virgin TSOP. I just let the receiver to update and load the new FW but I got the same problem afterwards when running the check switch operation.

First time I run into a problem of this nature. I'm used to do this kind of stuff but cannot figure out what is going on now.

I'm just trying to understand. Can somebody figures out what is going on?

Do NOT ever mention TSOP or EEPROM here if you expect any help. Those are hacker terms, and you're obviously already on very thin ice if you need those big dishes to get the birds.

And your avatar is a pirate. Not to judge a book by its cover or anything. But I know what that means.

And no, look closer at mine, it's not a pirate skull and crossbones, it's a jackass fractured skull and crutches. :)

well, by checking his IP and crossing it, I'm assuming Quebec.(the IP address when checked came to a site in french.)..home of the largest satellite pirates groups in Canada

thread closed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)