Status
Not open for further replies.

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
I've seen these threads posted in several areas including the operations area, but only on the tapatalk app. What are these? I've seen them from mashable and intuit. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363920262.291286.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Each forum that shows that on your tapatalk is due to the actual forum running those ads which can be turned off, thats what I read on the Tapatalk forums.

By the way.. I also see it "here" on my Tapatalk but don't see it on XDA's forum.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Posted 2 images.. one showing the ads on Satguys and one not showing the ads on XDA

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1363921189031.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363921189031.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 246
  • uploadfromtaptalk1363921200552.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363921200552.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 220
Does it need to be turned off at the forum level or the app level?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to Tapatalk at the forum level.

Interesting, I am not seeing them...

I did install a new version of the Tapatalk Plugin earlier in the week, did they show up before this week?

We do participate in a program called Post Release which posts paid posts, however these are not supposed to be seen by Pub Members / Supporters or staff.

So let me do some research and see if I can figure out whats going on.

Ok it looks like this actually has been running since December... I honestly did not know about the Tapatalk app having is own "Promoted Topic" feature. Since December we have only made $4.24 with it, so I shut it off.

Here at SatelliteGuys we DO use PostRelease for sponsored posts but only guests see those.

They are still there even after logging out/back in on the Tapatalk app.

The settings at the Tapatalk site have been set, it could take 24 hours before they take effect.

Here is a shot of the control panel.

Attachments

• links.jpg
    links.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 181
Thank you Scott!! I'll check it out tomorrow and see if it changes.

As of right now still showing the ads on Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364083582228.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364083582228.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 168
Gonna have to live with them for now. The are turned off in the control panel so nothing more I can do. I did submit a ticket.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Gonna have to live with them for now. The are turned off in the control panel so nothing more I can do. I did submit a ticket.

Yea am good with it.. those ads have ran for a while until the OP mentioned it here.

Believe me I am not running those ads in the app to make money as you have seen since December it's only made $4. :)

Believe me I am not running those ads in the app to make money as you have seen since December it's only made $4. :)

Its all good.. I'll just run the in house app and no ads

Its all good.. I'll just run the in house app and no ads

I looked & the SatelliteGuys Reader app shows ads on my Droid. That's why I went back to the ForumRunner app... but now it shows 'em too! :rant:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)