Welcome Pack Addon's?

Bluemonick

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 24, 2011
Georgia, USA
We have Dish's Welcome pack. Obviously it's not possible to get the Multisports pack.

Is it possible to add the Blockbuster Movie pass on to the Dish Welcome pack? What about the Encore movie package for $5 is that addable as well?

Thanks for replies.

A dirt member may be your best source of answers PM one. Years ago I had Encore Movies with my Welcome Pak but I can't tell you current rules.

Here is something interesting. I have the Welcome Pack and it shows an option to add BB Movie for $10. It isnt greyed out

what you can add on
-movies
-Euronews
-Outdoor Sports
-RFD TV
-BabyTV
-CinemaLatrino
-Heartland Package
-Encore
-Veria
-PLayboy
-Fox Soccer Plus
-Superstations

Basically everything here except Epix
Baby First TV, Outdoor Channel & A La Carte TV - DISH Network

but hopefully a DIRT member can comment on the BB because it comes with the former platinum channels which I know you couldnt add it before

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 193
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 165
In your screensho, BBMP is being treated a an "premium movie package" addon. Seems to be contradictary information from Dish on the avaialbitliy of having BBMP with welcome pack. Its also weird that Playboy is addable on the WP as well.

PLayboy (and the rest of the adult channels) can be added as alacarte. There was another tab on the screen that shows all the adult programming

on the BB plan when it was called Platinum (and didnt have the BB thing) it was greyed out in the list. I know on Sundays most of the DIRT (Dish internet) folks arent here today but usually one will be along later to confirm if you can get it with WP.

Hello,

If you don't have them ask for the free PI channels. The DIRT team can help with that too.

Gary Dunn
Lind, WA

We have Dish's Welcome pack. Obviously it's not possible to get the Multisports pack.

Is it possible to add the Blockbuster Movie pass on to the Dish Welcome pack? What about the Encore movie package for $5 is that addable as well?

Thanks for replies.
Please send me a PM with your phone or account number and I can give you an offical answer on this. Thanks!

Account in another family member's name. Why cant you just ask is YES or NO possible to add Blockbuster movie pass to Welcome Pack subscribers?

Wow, chill ......... :)

I can give you a possible reason why. You don't give enough information. The Welcome package does not require you to have an HD receiver. Getting the Blockbuster Movie package, does require HD. So, if the answer from the Dirt member was "Yes" and you don't have HD, you will be back asking why the Dirt member didn't give you the right information.... The purpose of them asking for your account information is so they can give you a correct answer based on your situation.
Just an FYI - most people are happy to get personalized service like that here.

Wow, chill ......... :)

I can give you a possible reason why. You don't give enough information. The Welcome package does not require you to have an HD receiver. Getting the Blockbuster Movie package, does require HD. So, if the answer from the Dirt member was "Yes" and you don't have HD, you will be back asking why the Dirt member didn't give you the right information.... The purpose of them asking for your account information is so they can give you a correct answer based on your situation.

:)

If you didn't realize or read up on it. Blockbuster Movie pass is avaiable to both SD and HD subscribers. The channel set is just different. For example, you get less if you only have SD (Dish Family or above, etc.) That part I dont need a redundant answer.

Have the Welcome Pack with a 622 receiver. Tried the online chat twice asking if I can add the BB Movie Pass. First I was told NO then told Yes. I have a 61.5, 110 & 119 setup. Does anyone know the correct answer?

Have the Welcome Pack with a 622 receiver. Tried the online chat twice asking if I can add the BB Movie Pass. First I was told NO then told Yes. I have a 61.5, 110 & 119 setup. Does anyone know the correct answer?

thats why I asked. Tried the live chat. Seems to be some misinformation going on.

I showed in the previous post that it CAN be added to WP. Scott also confirmed that in another thread

Movie Pass added nicely to my Welcome Pack + Outdoor Sports subscription via the website over the weekend.

211k/EHD with 110, 118, 119 and 61.5 though they probably have me in the system with 129 (seasonal LOS issues).