welcome pack roomer...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BengalsFan24

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 24, 2006
i redd on another site that it was roomered that bio bravo and espn 2 were hedded to the welcome pack. dont know what was being removed in place but it did not say. anyone else here anything abot this?

It would probably be helpful to most of the guys here if you would reveal where the "roomer" came from so they can divulge how realistic it may be. That said, DISH makes changes to programming all the time. Out of those mentioned, I can probably see BIO in the package before the other two but even the Family Package has two sports networks and, IMHO, they are probably looking to make packages more diverse and attractive in this new economic climate. I loved the Welcome Package when I had it and wish Multi-Sport would have been available. Would it have been ESPN? No. But at least I would have gotten NFL Network. Maybe the rumor is true. I'm all for making different packages available to people with various interests.

ESPN will never be in the Welcome pack, as it costs too much money to carry. Besides, the contract with ESPN I believe states they need to carry all 4 or 5 channels or ESPN charges them more money.

So if anything we would see the whole ESPN pack, but when the cost of ESPN is near $5/mo, I can't see Dish adding this to the welcome back without raising rates.

my roomer sorce says something is coming and coming and coming soon to this lined up.

Dream On....They won't pick up RSN's for NY State because of cost and they are gonna throw a package of ESPN that costs them plenty for the welcome pack. If you believe that...I got a bridge to sell you here that spans the Niagara River.

my roomer sorce says something is coming and coming and coming soon to this lined up.
Your "roomer" is someone who rents space from you, I don't know how or why ESPN2 would want rental space from you. If you heard a RUMOR that some services were going to be added to the Welcome Pack take it with a large grain of salt, anything added will probably cost DISH money. Seeing the Welcome Pack is more or less the last step before losing a paying customer why would they want to increase their costs?

Channel 102 will give you the free previews that is about as much as you can expect to be added to the Welcome Pack.

fhsucade07 said:
How some people make it through high school surprises me.

I agree. Let me add that having children that attended HS as the computer became a common household appliance there is a significant reliance on spell and grammar checkers in word processong programs. It is unfortunate as we all know these functions are not perfect.
My daughter is an administrator at a college. Having a laptop or pc is a requirement, just like a typewriter slide rule and calculator were when I went.

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Today's word of the day "rumor"

On a serious note, those channel adds just do not make sense if you are keeping the welcome pack at the price it is at

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

yall are taking what im saying out of concess i never said espn2 i said one of espn2 bio bravo one of one of one three. i no it seems far fatch but i herd that roomer or did not here it persay but i redd it.

R0ss said:
I agree. Let me add that having children that attended HS as the computer became a common household appliance there is a significant reliance on spell and grammar checkers in word processong programs. It is unfortunate as we all know these functions are not perfect.
My daughter is an administrator at a college. Having a laptop or pc is a requirement, just like a typewriter slide rule and calculator were when I went.

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

It's just laziness. Today's browsers and word processors even highlight or underline misspellings.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

With all due respect, and I may be off base here, but I'd be willing to cut the OP a break. The first several pages of posts from him from '06 are crearly coherent with reasonably decent grammar. I'm thinking something medical might be going on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts