Welcome Package ?

DishDave

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 16, 2003
Friend wants to sign up for the welcome package He has a owned 625 receiver. And what he wants to know if he signs up can he also get the free cinamax with autopay and can he also sub to other premiums and adult ch.....

Friend wants to sign up for the welcome package He has a owned 625 receiver. And what he wants to know if he signs up can he also get the free cinamax with autopay and can he also sub to other premiums and adult ch.....

I believe the answer is yes.

Let me check to make sure before you take that to the bank.

I would check to make sure that he can get welcome pack on his owned equipment outside of a "free-for-all". I don't think it should be a problem... but this is E* we are talking about!

Don't know about Cinemax for a penny deal, however a Welcome Pack subscriber can get any locals, adult channels, international channels*, and premiums* they want.

*Italian channel (RAI), Encore Movie Pack, Multi sports packages require higher basic packs.

Also I am pretty sure Welcome pack is NOT available to existing subscribers except as a last ditch effort to keep the subscriber from canceling and then only as a limited thing. (6 mo. I think)

See ya
Tony

What a rip, only making it available for only 6 months. They need to quit advertising in the newspaper then like I see every week. What if someone cancels then signs back up, will they let them keep the package longer than 6 months then?

It is available to NEW subscribers for as long as the NEW subscriber wants. I THINK it is only available to EXISTING subs as a "don't leave us" pack for 6 months.

See ya
Tony

My Aunt has an owned 501 dvr on her account-which is my third DISH account. She has the welcome pack for 9.99 +locals =14.99 . She also has the encore pack for 4.99 + .1 cent Cinemax deal. She pays about $21.50 a month with tax included.

I dropped down to the Welcome pack and they never told me I only had 6 months. I hate to tell them if they want to cancel me after that, they can go right ahead.

I recently dropped down to the welcome pack too and was never told it was for 6 mo. so I don't think that is correct info. Besides Dish would have no reason to try to maintain me for 6 mo. when I still have over a year left in my contract.

I am a long-time E* subscriber. About a year ago, I dropped down to the Welcome Pack (then called by a different name). Nothing was said to me about a 6-month limit; I assume I can keep on with it indefinitely.

I recently dropped down to the welcome pack too and was never told it was for 6 mo. so I don't think that is correct info. Besides Dish would have no reason to try to maintain me for 6 mo. when I still have over a year left in my contract.
I'm surprised you have the welcome pack. Since the number 1 rule of the welcome pack is you have to OWN your equipment to get it.
Rules of the welcome pack is its not a qualifing package for lease.
Dish Family is the lowest pack according to E* Commitments with SD equipment. ,and HD equipment the lowest is Turbo Bronze.
So how can you have Welcome pack while you under a commitment??

Hemi, I know your comment was not directed towards me, however, I am in the same situation. I called and talked to CS and told her since I was not going to be home much anymore because of my work, and I wanted to drop down to the cheapest package with locals. I assumed that would be DishFamily. She actually started telling me about the Welcome Pack and I told her to go ahead and change my plan to that. I lease a 722 and am under commitment. Apparently, the information you have is out of date.

me too. until just recently i had a 625 and a 311 both leased and was on the welcome pack for like 3 months before I bumpped back up to 250. the welcome pack was the CSRs idea. I had forgotten it even existed.

I'm surprised you have the welcome pack. Since the number 1 rule of the welcome pack is you have to OWN your equipment to get it.
Rules of the welcome pack is its not a qualifing package for lease.
Dish Family is the lowest pack according to E* Commitments with SD equipment. ,and HD equipment the lowest is Turbo Bronze.
So how can you have Welcome pack while you under a commitment??

I read, I think on another board that existing subs with leased equipment are allowed to drop down to the welcome pack so obviously they changed the rules. When I called the csr asked me if I wanted the family pack instead, I said no because the channel lineup in welcome pack was actually much more appealing to me. He gave it to me with no trouble at all. I have Cinemax for a penny too.

Just curious...I wonder if Fox News Channel was added to the Welcome Pack since it was added to Classic 100 (former AT 100)??

In another thread I read where they done away with this package. Is this true? The cable company in my area and some other rural areas that they are in are shutting down on the 17th due to the lack of customers in the area and some may want a basic package to get their locals and some basic stations.

I read, I think on another board that existing subs with leased equipment are allowed to drop down to the welcome pack so obviously they changed the rules. When I called the csr asked me if I wanted the family pack instead, I said no because the channel lineup in welcome pack was actually much more appealing to me. He gave it to me with no trouble at all. I have Cinemax for a penny too.
Thats cool, I just don't see how E* can afford to Lease a customer Hundreds of dollars in equipment to subscribe to a $10-$15 per month Programming package. So me with HD equipment ,I could call up E* right now and say I want to down grade my package to Welcome pack I can?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)