welcome package

dfecarter

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 14, 2006
Connecticut
Has anyone ever been able to get this package as a new customer with free install and a SD receiver included?
I called Dish last week and they said it would cost me $150 for standard install and 1 SD non DVR box.
What is the cheapest way to get free equipment/install?
I realize they'll offer you the I believe it's the AT120 for $19.99 the first 12 mos. but then it like doubles I think.

Has anyone ever been able to get this package as a new customer with free install and a SD receiver included?
I called Dish last week and they said it would cost me $150 for standard install and 1 SD non DVR box.
I realize they'll offer you the I believe it's the AT120 for $19.99 the first 12 mos. but then it like doubles I think.

Can't say for certain but,I highly doubt they will offer any type of incentives for the Welcome Pack.If that is the only package you want,you would be better off to purchase your own equipment.

Yep unless they have changed something very recently, Top120 is the smallest you will be able to go to get free equipment. Then after two years you can drop down, assuming they still have the Welcome Pack then. Get you a used SD receiver for 30 bucks and find a dish and and do it that way, you will come out way cheaper in the long run if that is all you want.

Welcome pack is specifically excluded from promotions, and I'm not certain you can drop to that in the second year of a two year promotional contract even if there are no credits in the second year. A DIRT member can tell you the correct answer.

why not just buy a receiver and do the install yourself? Then there is no contract

Welcome pack is specifically excluded from promotions, and I'm not certain you can drop to that in the second year of a two year promotional contract even if there are no credits in the second year. A DIRT member can tell you the correct answer.

yes you can. Matt mentioned a while ago WP is the minimum you can have even if on a commitment

why not just buy a receiver and do the install yourself? Then there is no contract

When my father returned his 722k and disconnected service the letter he received I had thought said you can't use another receiver on the account, so don't sell it. Is it different for SD receivers or am I confused?

If that "k" was leased it needs to go back to Dish. If owned it will work on another acct assuming no o/s charges.

The minimum programming required to receive free install/equipment is "Smart Pack". Downgrading to the Welcome Pack while under contract is permitted. If you go through a local Retailer and then downgrade to Welcome Pack during your first 12 mos of service, your Retailer will get slammed with charge-backs.:mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)