Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Hi everyone and welcome to our 2017 CES Forum at SatelliteGuys!

Please feel free to post any news from CES here, as this will serve as our CES News hub. Our staff will then move the news items (leaving a redirect) to the correct forums. This will make it easy for you to find all the CES news in one place.

This year WallyHTS and Myself will be covering CES for SatelliteGuys and will be on the show floor in Las Vegas!

It's looking like it will be a quiet year in the world of satellite as DISH and DIRECTV have no press events scheduled. However we will be meeting with both DISH and AT&T/DIRECTV this year so any tidbits we get we will be sure to pass them along. :)

Again please feel free to post anything relating to CES including press releases and press kits here!

Thank you to our Pub Members for making this CES coverage from Las Vegas possible!

(Please note - during CES the Internet in Las Vegas is HORRIBLE. Therefore it is normal for us to post videos once we return home to good internet.) Thanks for your understanding!

I would hope there have been improvements made in the Internet access by now.

I also believe in the Easter Bunny.

Reactions: DWS44
Take a large bending frame with you so you can go to the Samsung booth and bend all of those curved displays back into proper flat displays... ;) Don't forget to look at/take photos of the LG Super UHD displays and all the Emotiva gear, including the RMC-1 mock-up.

Take a large bending frame with you so you can go to the Samsung booth and bend all of those curved displays back into proper flat displays... ;) Don't forget to look at/take photos of the LG Super UHD displays and all the Emotiva gear, including the RMC-1 mock-up.
:amen

WallyHTS has been a busy guy, and over the past year has started his own Fiber to the Home ISP in Kentucky... which means he has been digging a lot of holes to bring people fiber to their houses and real broadband service. :D

Just after 6:30 here in Las Vegas now and I am getting ready for today, as CES FINALLY opens at 10am PT. So things have been lackluster to say the least.

First stop of course will be the DISH booth. :)

WallyHTS has been a busy guy, and over the past year has started his own Fiber to the Home ISP in Kentucky... which means he has been digging a lot of holes to bring people fiber to their houses and real broadband service. :D

Just after 6:30 here in Las Vegas now and I am getting ready for today, as CES FINALLY opens at 10am PT. So things have been lackluster to say the least.

First stop of course will be the DISH booth. :)
good morning scott if you see vivek please ask him when is tunein coming to the dish whole home music app thanks my friend cannot wait till watch your videos when you get home :)

good morning scott if you see vivek please ask him when is tunein coming to the dish whole home music app
I can think of more than a few features that don't have plenty of ready alternatives that would be a much better investment of Echostar's time. Getting that dual OTA dongle out the door and the software to fully and consistently use it on all compatible platforms comes to mind. I'm betting that there's a much larger audience for a Netflix client that doesn't crash the Hopper than there is for any and all Internet audio services.

Echostar and DISH should both be keenly interested in removing any barriers to keeping the customer base up-to-date from a hardware perspective. It is one of the things that sets them apart from their competition. There shouldn't be a reason to hang on to old equipment because the newer equipment doesn't work as well.

Dish booth. And one picture of a dude who was so tired he crashed on the floor right across from the booth with his iPhone still in his hand! CES is always unbelievably massive across multiple venues.

20170105_161358.jpg 20170105_161259.jpg
20170105_161231.jpg 20170105_161128(0).jpg
20170105_160932.jpg 20170105_161238.jpg

LG has a huge booth that was always packed. Their new Signature W7 model is amazing and super-thin. The W7 soundbar has two side speakers that pop up when you want them but didn't get a chance to hear them above all the booth noise.

20170105_155415.jpg 20170105_155402.jpg

The black line on the left is the glass it was mounted to and the black line on the right is the display. Amazing.

20170105_155336.jpg

They had a really cool demo of their OLED displays in a curved half pipe.

20170105_134040.jpg
20170105_155311.jpg
20170105_155306.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts