Well, I have decided to compare

sprintcarcrazy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 18, 2003
I have decided to compare dish to our cable provider after years with dish. The picture quality and the continued overcompression of the HD channels is getting too much.

For 30 days I will have both hooked up to the same TV Sharp 37inch LCD Aquos, both digital using DVI and HDMI and we will see what HD really looks like. I now get OTA HD CBS and NBC HD, so we will see.

Cable CO is providing a Motorola DCT6208 HD DVR for me to try as well.

I will report back. Cable CO is Mediacom

is cable offering you a deal? be sure to tell them you are a satellite customer. most cable companies have good deals for current satellite customers. best of luck in your decision.

sprintcarcrazy said:
I have decided to compare dish to our cable provider after years with dish. The picture quality and the continued overcompression of the HD channels is getting too much.

For 30 days I will have both hooked up to the same TV Sharp 37inch LCD Aquos, both digital using DVI and HDMI and we will see what HD really looks like. I now get OTA HD CBS and NBC HD, so we will see.

Cable CO is providing a Motorola DCT6208 HD DVR for me to try as well.

I will report back. Cable CO is Mediacom
That's gratitude! Didn't you just get a HDTV for free from Dish?

If you decide to switch and if you decide that switching after them giving you a new HDV set and receiver is just wrong. You are more then welcome to give it to me. I would Love to have a set, Just can't afford one right now :( But if you want to give it away to someone who likes Dish I will take it. :D

Yep, I did win, and as I have an investment in Dish, I would have to see some big differences before I jump ship. I am at my receiver limit now, so maybe I will have cable for my Sharp LCD and keep dish for my other two HD TV's (includes the one I won).

I am just curious about how much HD picture quality will differ. Maybe it won't be much. They have all the HD stations Dish has except HBO HD, but they have Universal HD and Starzs, along with the normal dish HD stuff.

They also have a Sat buyback, giving you $25 off your bill for 16 months, but they get your receiver and dish. I would only volunteer my old 4900 thrown in closet. lol

when i jumped to cable, all i had to provide was a bill, which the installer forgot to ask for.

will the dish tv only work with dishnetwork?

korsjs said:
will the dish tv only work with dishnetwork?

No it will work just like any other HD set. There was some early talk of making them proprietary but it never happened.

NightRyder

I have not got it yet, But no, it's just an HDTV monitor 34 inch monitor or 45 inch RCA projection TV, so it will work with whatever.

I didn't sign anything that said I had to keep dish, I just have to have dish to receive it.
GENERAL RULES: All Prizes will be awarded and winners notified by mail. Winners will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (where legal) within fourteen (14) days of notification attempt or the Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected by random drawing. Winner must have a DISH Network account in good standing in accordance with the terms described in their Residential Customer Agreement in order to receive the Prize. Prizes are not transferable. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize/offer of equal or greater value. Return of any Prize as undeliverable or due to failure to accept the Prize will result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner. Sponsor and its agencies assume no responsibility or liability for damages, losses or injury resulting from acceptance, forfeiture or use of any Prize. All taxes related to the Prizes are the sole responsibility of the individual winners. No responsibility is assumed for delays in processing data submitted in entrant transactions. Acceptance of Prize constitutes permission to use winners' names, photographs, likenesses and geographical data for advertising and promotional purposes without further notice or compensation except where prohibited by law. By participating in this Giveaway, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and its agents. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or website, violates the Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE GIVEAWAY IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Giveaway which may limit the ability to participate or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Giveaway. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the online portion of the Giveaway if it becomes technically corrupted, and award prizes from eligible online entries received prior to cancellation and all other eligible entries received.

Too confused about different fees

Should I belive this Phone call ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)