Well if this isn't false advertising...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
"In Feb 2009, all analog tv - both broadcast and cable - is going off air"

would probably have been easier to understand - but it would not have created nearly as much interest in the service probably.

why do all the DTV commercials I see like the one on PBS-HD say that cable customers are not affected, which is total B.S. and I have to explain this to people at work that channels 2 thru 99 on analog cable are being shut off as well FEB 2009.

Why is it false to claim that "Analog" Broadcast and Cable TV will cease to broadcast in February 2009? It's true.

Because ANALOGE CABLE TV is not going to cease braudcasting in febuary 2009.

There fore it is still false advertising as, in febuary 2009 I still can call comcast and order ANALOGE CABLE TV Services and the DTV transition has NOTHING to do with the ANALOGE CABLE TV FEED that comcast or any other provider puts out.

Why is it false to claim that "Analog" Broadcast and Cable TV will cease to broadcast in February 2009? It's true.

Because cable will continue to broadcast SD stations over analog carrier waves on their cable. Nothing changes on cable (or on dish) as a result of the OTA analog shutoff.

Read: The Digital TV Transition: FAQs - Consumer Corner

Does the DTV transition affect TV sets that are connected to cable services?

No. If you subscribe to cable service, the DTV transition should not affect any TV sets that are connected to your cable services. The DTV transition applies only to full-power broadcast television stations – stations that use the public airwaves to transmit their programming to viewers through a broadcast antenna.

Is the FCC making cable companies switch to digital service?

No. Cable companies are not required to switch to digital service. Cable companies may choose to make their service all or partly digital, but they are not required to change from the analog service they offer today. In fact, the FCC requires cable companies to continue to provide local stations in analog as long as they provide any analog service, even after February 17, 2009.

why do all the DTV commercials I see like the one on PBS-HD say that cable customers are not affected, which is total B.S. and I have to explain this to people at work that channels 2 thru 99 on analog cable are being shut off as well FEB 2009.

Cable customers will NOT be impacted by this change UNLESS the individual cable company decides to force everyone over to digital. And if that were the case, it would have already been happening, which it isn't.

Don't spread misinformation.

HAHA. the joke is on you and the funny part is that you're spreading false information!

An FCC rule, adopted September 11, 2007, will allow continued access to local stations for cable customers—including those with standard analog cable service—following the transition to digital TV in 2009. For details, see FCC eases DTV transition for cable subscribers.].

You guys really need to read DTV facts.com, while your local cable company may be transitioning to Digital cable, Analoge cable is not going away and will continue to be a service that is provided by your local cable company.

and for the record, OP is correct. that is some pretty crazy false advertising. i'm inclined to email them to convey my distaste for their tactics.

I guess some people on this site need some clarification as well. ;)

There's no way analog cable would be shut down. Too many cable customers still use it. I'd bet it's one of the foundations of cable companies still. To convert every customer to digital would require a massive effort.

What's apparent to me is that they're trying to use a scare tactic - to spread this misinformation to try and get people to switch to sign up through them. Either that or they're terribly misinformed themselves.

i sent an email to either inform them of their misunderstanding or correct their false advertising.

after looking closer, i think they might be relying on the usage of the words "off the air". obviously cable tv could never go "off the air" because there is no air involved. so technically, the statement is not false but it is rather moronic when taken literally. i could actually see a statement like this coming out of a dish network (or directv) marketing playbook.

But if cable TV was never on the air...how can it be "going" off the air. Literally speaking, you can't leave a place you've never been.

Yes, and that is why the statement, when taken literally, is rather moronic.

It's perfect slimy marketing...it gets the incorrect point across without technically saying anything incorrect.