Well just got a look at my install

They keep cutting pay to the point that techs make little more than minimum wage and this is what you get. It sucks but from what I've seen around here you're lucky to get a tech that speaks english fluently.

They keep cutting pay to the point that techs make little more than minimum wage and this is what you get. It sucks but from what I've seen around here you're lucky to get a tech that speaks english fluently.
As to Dish cutting pay for its in house I can tell you that that is as far from reality as you can get, many of the in house that I have talked with during the last 2 - 3 years who are FSS 3 - 4 are making upwards of $20 - $24 an hour which was close to where I was at when I left 4 years ago at FSS 3 $19.35hr.

This was a brand new install, the dish is located over an attached garage and I did clear the roof mounting over the garage only due to line of site issues with a neighboring house and several tree's.

To Digi's question yes he did stuff the coax under the entire row of shingles at the drip edge the length of the roof on that side of the house for about 45 - 55 feet. I will be heading into the attic when I get home from school today to check out the roof mount just to be sure its mounted into a roof beam.

As I remember him and I talking there were some conversation points that should have tipped me off to watch what he was doing but as I had said before lack of sleep played a role in my not following him around. For what its worth I have not asked dish for any free this or that, my concern is just to have the system installed right and any damages taken care of, any restitution will be discussed later but right now I want it done right because we are coming into spring thunderstorm season.

Nearly forgot, when I was working for dish I only ever had one time where I did anything remotely like this and it came down to where I had decided to mount a ground block and I can blame it all on fatigue and stress as my wife was about to have a baby. I had learned from the best possible kind of trainer, an at the time retired Army demolitions expert who's lines were so straight they could cut steel and his service loops so perfectly 4 inches in diameter that a micrometer couldn't find a flaw and every clip spaced perfectly apart. I worked hard to make my stuff like his and he was the biggest reason why I took pride in my work over my time with dish.

wow that looks pretty bad. stevie wonder could've done a better job. i know you couldn't do this van and the same goes for most folks but this is why i pretty much take over these installations. that install looks more like laziness than lack of know how.

They do that on purpose so you have to pay them a 2nd time to come out and fix it. Thats how they make money off ya. Just like how you have to pay them to fix their own equipment. Sooner or later they will be out of business cause they will have pissed off everyone. I can't wait for that day.

They do that on purpose so you have to pay them a 2nd time to come out and fix it. Thats how they make money off ya. Just like how you have to pay them to fix their own equipment. Sooner or later they will be out of business cause they will have pissed off everyone. I can't wait for that day.
If they are doing this on purpose, they are mistaken. If a TC is created for this mess, the installer will get a chargeback if he's a sub, or if he's dns in-house, this will effect his bottom line as far as stack ranking. But seeing how he does installs, I don't think he needs to worry about stack ranking for a bonus any time soon. The sad thing is the OP said their were "2" techs there for this. So one moron did a crap install and the other moron stood and allowed him to do it. Being a dns level 3 tech, this is an embarrassment to all techs, sub or in-house. I hope they get you all squared away the way you want it.

I've always done my own work, and this is part of the reason. What good is a "Free Installation" if Dish sends someone out who destroys your roof?

Now, I'm sure there are Installers out there who do have pride in their work, but people like this give all installers and Dish a bad reputation. I'd send the pictures to ceo@echostar (or whatever the e-mail address is now) and get this corrected to your satisfaction.

daang and the dish is over a living space, that's a huge no no along with everything else. it was a new connect there should be zero excuses, i've been to service changes where the job was f'd up from loong ago and i cleaned it up as much as possible...but with new connects or movers NO excuse

What type of dish is mounted on your roof?

Eastern arc dish so its a 1000.4. I did go out at one point to check on him as he was having issues with his meter but it was at a point where he could have finished up things such as the grounding and it was dark so I missed how he had routed the coax going to the receiver.

Eastern arc dish so its a 1000.4. I did go out at one point to check on him as he was having issues with his meter but it was at a point where he could have finished up things such as the grounding and it was dark so I missed how he had routed the coax going to the receiver.

DUH... That's what I meant..

As to Dish cutting pay for its in house I can tell you that that is as far from reality as you can get, many of the in house that I have talked with during the last 2 - 3 years who are FSS 3 - 4 are making upwards of $20 - $24 an hour which was close to where I was at when I left 4 years ago at FSS 3 $19.35hr.

This was a brand new install, the dish is located over an attached garage and I did clear the roof mounting over the garage only due to line of site issues with a neighboring house and several tree's.

To Digi's question yes he did stuff the coax under the entire row of shingles at the drip edge the length of the roof on that side of the house for about 45 - 55 feet. I will be heading into the attic when I get home from school today to check out the roof mount just to be sure its mounted into a roof beam.
As I remember him and I talking there were some conversation points that should have tipped me off to watch what he was doing but as I had said before lack of sleep played a role in my not following him around. For what its worth I have not asked dish for any free this or that, my concern is just to have the system installed right and any damages taken care of, any restitution will be discussed later but right now I want it done right because we are coming into spring thunderstorm season.

Nearly forgot, when I was working for dish I only ever had one time where I did anything remotely like this and it came down to where I had decided to mount a ground block and I can blame it all on fatigue and stress as my wife was about to have a baby. I had learned from the best possible kind of trainer, an at the time retired Army demolitions expert who's lines were so straight they could cut steel and his service loops so perfectly 4 inches in diameter that a micrometer couldn't find a flaw and every clip spaced perfectly apart. I worked hard to make my stuff like his and he was the biggest reason why I took pride in my work over my time with dish.

Are they supposed to "mount it to a roof beam"? I haven't checked the attic but I don't think he looked for a beam to screw the bracket of the Eastern Arc to.

Are they supposed to "mount it to a roof beam"? I haven't checked the attic but I don't think he looked for a beam to screw the bracket of the Eastern Arc to.
Yes it is supposed to be mounted to a rafter, but if you have closed soffits (like 98% of the homes out there) its almost impossible to hit one. Stud finders don't work very well through asphalt shingles either.

LOL, that was hilarious. Lick the cable to find out which one goes to the satallite! Reminds of the time I was installing cable in a house and I had to connect a phone line near a 8 person hot tub in the living room. Even funnier was the fact it had tri-pods for cameras setup all around it.

You better hope it doesnt rain b/c you probably will have leaks in the roof where he screwed the dish in. Then you will have a crap ton more problems.

Similar install by a contractor on my house several years ago. Guy comes, can't get it to work. He tells me, English is his 3rd language. Took about 7 hours and a second tech had to come out. They put a million miles of cable all around my house. The VIP622 ended up with 2 cables. Well, I am living with it. I have had 1 bad 622 and a couple of bad switches. They upgraded to the bigger dish for free when doing a free realignment. Had comcast come and put in HSI yesterday, yes, on Easter Comcast was putting in new installs at 8 am. Anyway, I think he was shocked when he saw the switch box, lol. He told he he wasn't going to touch any of it. And luckily, since Dish had put all new cables in, he didn't have to run a line of his own, which is extra, and he wasn't prepared to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts