Well that was a new one...

Deadlocked

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I started a chat today too see what deal I could get for Starz seeing how Black Sails starts at the end of the month. I was offered the standard half off for 6 months deal and countered asking could they do any better seeing that the Fox dispute is close to a month in. Here is where it got weird. They only offered 1 month free. I've only always seen 3 and 6 month offers. I didn't take it because well 1 month doesn't really do me any good for a show that lasts 2.5 months.

Maybe Dish has given out a TON because of this dispute?

The 1 month offers started about 18 months ago, and has been the primary go to for any level, but you can get the 3 month offers a lot easier with the Loyalty team. That said, if you have gotten to many credits or offers over the last 24 months, they will stand their ground. All about cost effectiveness. It just really depends on the account, the agent, and the time of the week/month you call in.

The 1 month offers started about 18 months ago, and has been the primary go to for any level, but you can get the 3 month offers a lot easier with the Loyalty team. That said, if you have gotten to many credits or offers over the last 24 months, they will stand their ground. All about cost effectiveness. It just really depends on the account, the agent, and the time of the week/month you call in.
Yeah Fox Dispute doesn't affect me so not really a big deal. Just seemed strange.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cause between all the increases the bill is already rising ~$7 I may still take it but at this point I'm unsure as I'm trying to control costs as much as possible as it is.
Psychologically speaking, the best time to get the half off offers is the second half of the year. That way when they expire, your bill will still drop (assuming a pair of discounts), even with the increase.
That said, if you have gotten to many credits or offers over the last 24 months, they will stand their ground. All about cost effectiveness. It just really depends on the account, the agent, and the time of the week/month you call in.
I was curious about that. What is too many credits over a two year period, if you or can answer? I ended up not complaining to Dish about TCM, mainly on principle, but a little bit because I was already receiving half off for Starz and BB@Home.

Psychologically speaking, the best time to get the half off offers is the second half of the year. That way when they expire, your bill will still drop (assuming a pair of discounts), even with the increase.
I was curious about that. What is too many credits over a two year period, if you or can answer? I ended up not complaining to Dish about TCM, mainly on principle, but a little bit because I was already receiving half off for Starz and BB@Home.
It takes quite a bit, but it is relative to a lot of different details with the account. I do not think there is a set number, but more, how "good" a customer you are. AKA How profitable a customer you are.

It takes quite a bit, but it is relative to a lot of different details with the account. I do not think there is a set number, but more, how "good" a customer you are. AKA How profitable a customer you are.
We were on AT250 but dropped once NBCSN went to AT200. Also have DISHNET so they are def getting a good profit from us haha.

We were on AT250 but dropped once NBCSN went to AT200. Also have DISHNET so they are def getting a good profit from us haha.

It's all automatic. Basically, the computer feeds the info. I couldn't begin to tell you what parameters you fall under. I don't even know what parameters I fall under to be honest.

It's all automatic. Basically, the computer feeds the info. I couldn't begin to tell you what parameters you fall under. I don't even know what parameters I fall under to be honest.
Could you at least make something up? I don't need to know the truth, anything will do. ;)

Lol, with the info you gave, you should be fine to receive certain promotions. Again, it is about profitability and a customer "repayment" style program. How many and how large of credits have you gotten in the last 24 months? If large or frequent, then they will simply offer something like the one month offer. If not depending on the rep you get, you could get substantial credits. The human factor of it plays a big part too.

Oh yea, forgot, the more a customer calls in, the lower the profitability. I do not know how that applies to chat and DIRT, but I am sure it factors in at some point.

Honestly I'm not sure. I was just giving a little less then broad idea of what they look for when upgrading. Their computers are smarter then I. Only way to really know is call them, or chat with a Dirt rep. Honestly though, I'd expect you to be fine. For credits or upgrades. Remember, it's all a matter of who answers the phone that day. The best advice I give anyone(and I use this when I call DTV for my brother), is when I got a call and the customer was an arsehat or jerk, they typically got the minimum my screen told me I had to offer them. When a customer was reasonable and truly just wanted help, even if they were knowledgeable and acted like adults, I went out of my way to not only help them but to also offer whatever I could and then asked for support to offer more. If that means anything, not every agent was like me, but more than you would think.
I have said something in the past a few times. Don't be that customer that is the talk of the smoke shack between breaks. Trust me, you're not winning if you are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)