Free Premium Channels - NOT IN HD(HD Now Working)

bobc469

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 27, 2004
NW Oregon
Just checked and the free premiums are not in HD as of Thursday 1 p.m. pacific time.

"BEST. WEEKEND. EVER.
Enjoy all of these Premium Channels in free preview the weekend of January 9th!
Learn More

preview starts tommorow and ends on the 12th you should be getting in HD tommorow before 5pm est i just got done talking to dish.now only they would add the rest of the premiums in HD.

Same here. Usually the HDs come on the same time as the SDs.

Another weird thing: the channels show up on the All Channels list, but not on the My Channels list.

Reactions: primestar31
What is odder is that I can't even scroll through the channels if they are added to a channel list. It'll just pop over them.

Props eventually to "Cheap" Charlie for helping a cheapskate like me get to see all the premiums, even if just for a long weekend. :)

Good catch there, osu.

If I set Dish Pass timers on the 9000's, when the 300's in HD get uplinked will that screw up the timers? Just trying to figure out if should I set timers now or wait.

Just checked and the free premiums are not in HD as of Thursday 1 p.m. pacific time.

"BEST. WEEKEND. EVER.
Enjoy all of these Premium Channels in free preview the weekend of January 9th!
Learn More
At 8 p.m. Pacific time the HD channels are showing up in the guide 300 - and up

You can record these channels (if you have a dvr) that we are discussing in this thread, and they will stay watchable even after the "freeview" period ends.

I'm not sure what you mean about "rentals" because we aren't talking about rentals.

with my 722 when dish had free preview weekend, the channels would automatically appear in my favorites list that I created.
I now have hopper w/sling and the channels do not automatically appear in favorites list I created, you have to add them or use My HD channels list.
Any setting I am missing for this or just doesn't add like my 722 did.
I also miss when adding channels to a created list, the channels you don't receive are not in red like on 722.

with my 722 when dish had free preview weekend, the channels would automatically appear in my favorites list that I created.
I now have hopper w/sling and the channels do not automatically appear in favorites list I created, you have to add them or use My HD channels list.
Any setting I am missing for this or just doesn't add like my 722 did.
I also miss when adding channels to a created list, the channels you don't receive are not in red like on 722.
You would have had to include those channels in your Hopper Faves list to begin with. The ones that I put in my Hopper Faves come and go with the free previews.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)