Well, this morning my H10 updated

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lovswr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
... Seeing how this is an obsolete, MPEG-2 only, non DVR box, does anybody know why they did this? I have had this box for about 18 months & it went from .403 to .433 (if my feeble memory serves). at aout 5 Eastern this morning.

Hey thanks, but I aksed a guy I know at work. He speculated that this would (most likely) be for pirates.

Not for pirates, they did not do that type of updates for that.

My H-10 shows 4.39 and it came this morning as well.
I have not seen any info about what it may have been directed at.

Jimbo

It was a fix to the "Service Not Available Temporarily" OSD that would show up at random times. Whether it works or not remains to be seen. I have an H10 and have not had the OSD since that upgrade, so it appears it downloaded fine.

It was a fix to the "Service Not Available Temporarily" OSD that would show up at random times. Whether it works or not remains to be seen. I have an H10 and have not had the OSD since that upgrade, so it appears it downloaded fine.

I got the Fw upgrade also this morning.....If the servive not availible temporarily problem is fixed then i'm grateful to D*......My H10 would lock up and not let me change channels once this message came up and would sometimes do a reboot after the message!!!!I'm hoping that the FW did indeed fix the ANNOYING reboot problem!

Lets hope it did the trick, although the problem did not happen all that often of late, it will be good to have it done with. it ws very annoying when it did happen, it seemed tp happen for a week or two at a time then go away for awhile...
Now I don't use it very much, so I don't know how frequently it has baan happening anymore.

Jimbo

I got the Fw upgrade also this morning.....If the servive not availible temporarily problem is fixed then i'm grateful to D*......My H10 would lock up and not let me change channels once this message came up and would sometimes do a reboot after the message!!!!I'm hoping that the FW did indeed fix the ANNOYING reboot problem!

Ok, I never got that message, but it would just "stop working" & I had to unplug it to reset it. This would happen about once a month. Good fix then D*.

Ok, I never got that message, but it would just "stop working" & I had to unplug it to reset it. This would happen about once a month. Good fix then D*.
btw, Why did you say this box was obsolete ?
MPEG2 only ?
Mpeg2 will probably on for a few more years as the transision takes place, this will not be an overnight occurance.

They will gradually change channels over while watching closely for any problems that may come up.

This is purely my thoughts about this, nothing has been said by D* directly about this.

Jimbo

lov, mine last night (10-29) updated to 4.39. I think as I said before it was at 4.33. Strange yours did not update to 4.39?

From Earl over at Dbstalk:

Improvements
Improve reliability, signal stability, during adverse weather conditions (rain)
Improve stability for ATSC signals

Looks like a minor update to improve signal strength for SAT & OTA.

lov, mine last night (10-29) updated to 4.39. I think as I said before it was at 4.33. Strange yours did not update to 4.39?

Well I was just going by memory & I'm too lazy to go downstairs right now & check :D

Jim, I say obsolete becuase like some other poster here I'm verily & vainly waiting for a vey much needed increase in D* picture vanity & verbosity!

However, having said that I am waiting for the other two sattys to get launched (or Comcast to buy my local cable company, Charter) before making a final judgement (day). Obsolete was probably too strong a word, but I must say I am rather unimpressed with the D* experience as of late.

Well I was just going by memory & I'm too lazy to go downstairs right now & check :D

Jim, I say obsolete becuase like some other poster here I'm verily & vainly waiting for a vey much needed increase in D* picture vanity & verbosity!

However, having said that I am waiting for the other two sattys to get launched (or Comcast to buy my local cable company, Charter) before making a final judgement (day). Obsolete was probably too strong a word, but I must say I am rather unimpressed with the D* experience as of late.

Thats too bad, I see improvements, new sats going up soon, new HD DVR , has some issues and D* is addressing them on a regular basis. Once the sat go live D* will have the capablilty to do alot of things with HD and SD as well, add new channels, potentially improve PQ on the current HD channels, and SD . If they choose to do that. I do not know if the MPEG4 issues people have been talking about is bandwidth related or not.

Jimbo

From Earl over at Dbstalk:

Improvements
Improve reliability, signal stability, during adverse weather conditions (rain)
Improve stability for ATSC signals

Looks like a minor update to improve signal strength for SAT & OTA.

Link, please! I just spent hours rummaging through DBSTalk and could not find any authoritative explanation of the upgrade, nor any substantiation of your reporting of the upgrades. Who is Earl?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)