Went thru Downgrade/Retention last week

BigTimMN

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 29, 2006
So, I recieved a postcard from Comcast with the really good 3 day sale last week, digital cable with 3 premiums AND HD content for $39.99/month for 12 months,(+$10 for DVR) too good of an offer to let slide by, but I really didnt want to jump providers so i called up Dish last Wednesday (my commitment ended on Feb 2.)

I removed DHPP to save some $$, Retention gave me a $10 credit/month for the next year, she signed me up for DVR Advantage without even having to do Autopay(another $4 savings), and I lowered from HD Ultimate to the $10 package. My new monthly bill will be down to around $50/mo + Tax, and all i lose is Voom stuff but i will probably add it back when they add new channels to that pkg.

She confirmed that this was without makind another commitment, so i could leave at anytime, and offered to throw in 2 premiums for 3 months but i declined as i rarely watch them (but I REALLY wish i would of added Showtime now that the new Big Brother house is in meltdown.. but thats another topic).

The Odd thing is, everything shows up correct on recent activity online, EXCEPT, even with the downgrade on billing of the HD Pkg, I am still getting all the Voom channels... I see the credits/adds for all the changes for the partial month, but i still get the bigger HD pkg channels.

Anyone else have this happen on previous downgrades? will this fix itself overtime? Or should i be calling them to verify my changes again?

When I went down to the $10 HD package it took 3 days and 4 calls to make it happen. I did not know if they had changed the billing after the 1st call or not, but with the forien call centers I don't trust anything they say untill I can see the package change in my guide.

I could have been getting the larger HD package for free, but with the way Dishes computers work I am pretty sure there is no way it will let you watch the higher package for the lower price for long.

Almost always if you are still getting the channel the CSR failed to actually make the change. Check the at a glance page on your dish account and see what it lists as your subscription. I was able to tell using that page that I was being double billed for HD even though several CSRs assured me that I was not. When they finally corrected the error the at a glance page was updated immediately.

I am signed up for Dish HD Essential per the My Programming list, but still get all the Voom channels... so who knows whats goin on.

Maybe once the Nickelodeon Suite of channels and Spike are in the HD lineup that will be my option.

How do you reach the retention dept.? My commitment just ran out and I need to take off DHPP. I also can't figure out my new bill. I switched to paperless and moved to DVR Adv and now I can't make heads or tails of it. I've got double charges, double credits. I need to call them and straighten it out, so I may as well see if they will offer anything special. Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)