Werner "disappointed" that Manny's not in the lineup

BillD1984

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 9, 2008
MA
Well, well, well.... it looks like things could finally come to a head. Ramirez showed up Terry Francona this afternoon. Francona had Manny in the original lineup, but when Terry met with the press this afternoon, Ramirez went to a Red Sox coach and told him he couldn't go. All this after Francona told Manny to contact him if he couldn't go. It's just another example of Ramirez showing up management. ATTENTION RED SOX MANAGEMENT: GET THIS BUM OFF THE TEAM NOW!!! I don't care if he hits 70 homers and drives in 160.

This from the Hartford Courant :

Red Sox co-owner Tom Werner, appearing on the NESN pre-game show, said he was "disappointed" that Manny Ramirez is not in the lineup tonight, but would not elaborate on what that meant, although it does lend credence to the XM Radio report that a suspension is being contemplated.

I think this will be his last year with the team.

He's done everything possible- win a home run title, win a batting title, win a World Series, World Series MVP.

I think this will be his last year with the team.

He's done everything possible- win a home run title, win a batting title, win a World Series, World Series MVP.

:rolleyes: You left out pushing down an old man, using behind the Green Monster as his own personal toilet, slapping a teammate in the dugout, showing up his manager (who's been nothing but great to him), refusing to pinch hit in a crucial game, laughing about turning singles into triples, using his cell phone during a game, and generally disrespecting the game.

Once again, I don't care if he has won 15 home run titles, 10 batting titles, 10 World Series, and 5 WS MVP's..................I WANT HIM OFF MY TEAM!!!! :mad:

:rolleyes: You left out pushing down an old man, using behind the Green Monster as his own personal toilet, slapping a teammate in the dugout, showing up his manager (who's been nothing but great to him), refusing to pinch hit in a crucial game, laughing about turning singles into triples, using his cell phone during a game, and generally disrespecting the game.

Once again, I don't care if he has won 15 home run titles, 10 batting titles, 10 World Series, and 5 WS MVP's..................I WANT HIM OFF MY TEAM!!!! :mad:

Don't worry. Just a few more months and it'll be over.

The odds he plays for Boston in 2009 are the same chances I become a Spurs fan or Sandra becomes an Islanders fan..... ZERO!!

Don't worry. Just a few more months and it'll be over.

The odds he plays for Boston in 2009 are the same chances I become a Spurs fan or Sandra becomes an Islanders fan..... ZERO!!

Is his contract up this year ?

If not, he'll be there.

btw, who knows, there is probably a restroom in the scoreboard anyways. Somebodies there regularly....

Has he done any of the scoreboard stuff during an inning ?

Is his contract up this year ?

If not, he'll be there.

There's a $20million club option for 2009. But there's two things you have to consider:

1. Manny's on record saying that he wants a 3-4 yr extension at $20M per

2. Manny's new agent is Scott Boras (who wasn't his agent when he signed this mega-contract). If the Sox picked up the option, Boras wouldn't get a cent.

Put those two things together and one has to wonder about any Ramirez/Boras motives for all the BS that has gone down this year.

btw, who knows, there is probably a restroom in the scoreboard anyways. Somebodies there regularly....

Has he done any of the scoreboard stuff during an inning ?

Twice he has used the scoreboard toilet to relieve himself during a pitching change, but held up the game after the new pitcher finished his warmups. Most recently he held up the game by using his cell phone inside the scoreboard.

The guy is nothing but a selfish menace that must be held accountable!

Has he became baseball's Terrell Owens?

I recall Terrell Owens crying when the Cowboys lost to the Giants in the playoffs last year. Say what you want about Owens (I personally can't stand him), but at least the guy cares if his team wins or loses. Manny in the same situation? Laughing......................all the way to the bank!!!

There's a $20million club option for 2009. But there's two things you have to consider:

1. Manny's on record saying that he wants a 3-4 yr extension at $20M per

2. Manny's new agent is Scott Boras (who wasn't his agent when he signed this mega-contract). If the Sox picked up the option, Boras wouldn't get a cent.

Put those two things together and one has to wonder about any Ramirez/Boras motives for all the BS that has gone down this year.

Twice he has used the scoreboard toilet to relieve himself during a pitching change, but held up the game after the new pitcher finished his warmups. Most recently he held up the game by using his cell phone inside the scoreboard.

The guy is nothing but a selfish menace that must be held accountable!

Lets see ....
40 HR 132 RBI's and a .312 career avg.
If money works out, he'll be there.

Do you have anyone else to fill that GAPPING HOLE in their line up ?
Don't tell me your counting on JD Drew either.

Jimbo

I am starting to side with Bill on this case.

He is turning into a constant headache in the clubhouse.

However,

one thing Bill can say about Manny:

Unlike Barry Bonds, at least he wasn't a juicer.

Manny can be annoying, but he's better than Bonds... I think.

Manny's quote going into Game 5 of the 2007 ALCS vs. the Indians down 3 games to 1:

"It doesn't happen, so who cares? There's always next year. It's not like it's the end of the world."

Lets see ....
40 HR 132 RBI's and a .312 career avg.
If money works out, he'll be there.

Do you have anyone else to fill that GAPPING HOLE in their line up ?
Don't tell me your counting on JD Drew either.

Jimbo

Jimbo,
I respect your opinion and think you're a great poster so please excuse me for this. You're just not getting it, I don't want a guy like this on the team I root for. Forget about his stats, PLEASE!!! He's a cancer and that cancer is now eating away at this team, I can see it. If the Tigers still have Ron LeFlore or Johnny Grubb around, I'll take them to play left. I'll take the guy that bags my groceries down at the supermarket. I'll send Manny to the Yankees in exchange for Billy Crystal. I'm serious...............I'm done.

:what Your point?

My point is that when the aforementioned players on the Celtics and Patriots screwed up and were caught with weapon possession (Telfair and Andrews), their teams were going to get rid of them.

If the Red Sox had been like that, they could have cut Manny a month ago.

Andrews was cut by the Patriots shortly after he was caught.

The Bears would do the same with Cedric Benson.

The Red Sox, if they know what's right for them, should have suspended him indefinitely ala Terrell Owens and the Eagles a few years ago.

Or, they could have done what the Astros did with Chacon.

My point is that when the aforementioned players on the Celtics and Patriots screwed up and were caught with weapon possession (Telfair and Andrews), their teams were going to get rid of them.

The Red Sox, if they know what's right for them, should have suspended him indefinitely ala Terrell Owens and the Eagles a few years ago.

And that's an excellent point. Chacon did the same thing Manny did and the Astros cut his sorry ass. Gee, I wonder why the same thing didn't happen to Ramirez?

I recall Terrell Owens crying when the Cowboys lost to the Giants in the playoffs last year. Say what you want about Owens (I personally can't stand him), but at least the guy cares if his team wins or loses. Manny in the same situation? Laughing......................all the way to the bank!!!

If I recall, Manny and company WON that next game and went on to the WS championship too.

Ya gotta love a guy like that because if he's like that then, when a pressure situation arises, it doesn't phase him ... one reason why he's so good.

Jimbo

Jimbo,
I respect your opinion and think you're a great poster so please excuse me for this. You're just not getting it, I don't want a guy like this on the team I root for. Forget about his stats, PLEASE!!! He's a cancer and that cancer is now eating away at this team, I can see it. If the Tigers still have Ron LeFlore or Johnny Grubb around, I'll take them to play left. I'll take the guy that bags my groceries down at the supermarket. I'll send Manny to the Yankees in exchange for Billy Crystal. I'm serious...............I'm done.

Wow ...

The problem is ANY team in the league would take him if the money was right because he's that good of an offensive player ....

Just like TO and Chad Johnson and Randy Moss.

The correct thing to do is like your saying, but in reality it would take about 5 minutes for him to be swapped up by someone.

Jimbo

????????????

Was Manny ever caught with weapon possession ?
Did something happen today I haven't heard about ?
How can you compare a player like Manny with players that have a flair for breaking the law ?

Jimbo

And that's an excellent point. Chacon did the same thing Manny did and the Astros cut his sorry ass. Gee, I wonder why the same thing didn't happen to Ramirez?

IF Chicon was any good, he would not have been released either. They would have probably had a meeting with him, maybe fined him and continued on playing.

About the previous post,
I forgot about the Manny and reporter issue.

That said, it has happened with a good number of players and they get a repremand,it happens in hockey from time to time as well, I remember Hasek in Buffalo I think it was when he pushed the camera man I think it was. Or maybe a reporter.

Was Kenny Roger's cut from the Rangers when he had his blow ups with the media and camera guys ?
NO

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts