western arc 1000.2

Rainy99

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 2, 2013
USA
My current set up is a 1000.2 dish pointed at 110, 119 and 129 receiving top everything package. Would there be any advantage to add a fourth orbital location to my existing set up. Would there be any issues by adding another orbital location?

Thanx

The one thing adding a fourth slot would bring you is having a use for a DPP44 that would otherwise not be beneficial.

You would need another dish pointed at the "wing" slot and to run all the LNB outputs to a DPP44 and then out to the receivers. Of course there's also the power inserter that must be used with the DPP44.

I don't think there are any EA CONUS channels that aren't also on the WA.

Well on my lnb there is a fourth connection for an lnb in. Just wondering about adding a separate dish pointed at one of the other sats out there. One that is comparible with the 129.

Well on my lnb there is a fourth connection for an lnb in. Just wondering about adding a separate dish pointed at one of the other sats out there. One that is comparible with the 129.
It isn't reasonable to compare slots between EA and WA. There isn't a 1:1 relationship.

As I said above, there aren't any benefits in terms of additional programming. There may be better chances for downsides than upsides.

It isn't reasonable to compare slots between EA and WA. There isn't a 1:1 relationship.

As I said above, there aren't any benefits in terms of additional programming. There may be better chances for downsides than upsides.
The only differences between the arcs is where your local TV market is located. Otherwise you are wasting your time

My current set up is a 1000.2 dish pointed at 110, 119 and 129 receiving top everything package. Would there be any advantage to add a fourth orbital location to my existing set up. Would there be any issues by adding another orbital location?

Thanx
Don't listen to these others. I easily added a wing dish that points to the 61.5 location to my western arc, and no DPP44 is required because you have a 1000.2 dish. I originally did this to get my locals but also consider this setup pointing to 4 satellites to be somewhat future proofing.

Reactions: Troch77
Don't listen to these others. I easily added a wing dish that points to the 61.5 location to my western arc, and no DPP44 is required because you have a 1000.2 dish. I originally did this to get my locals but also consider this setup pointing to 4 satellites to be somewhat future proofing.
If you had the appropriate dish in the first place, would keeping the other arc have benefited you?

I think it is folly to assume that a customer is set up on the wrong arc.

I see everyone failed to mention the 118.

If you have a desire to have any international channels, you can Buy a Dish 500 PLUS and hook it up to your 1000.2

Or you could replace your 1000.2 with a 1000 PLUS and get 110,119,129,and 118.

If you have a desire to have any international channels, you can Buy a Dish 500 PLUS and hook it up to your 1000.2
It would be silly to add a 500+ to a 1000.2.

If you hadn't suggested that approach, your post would have made a greater impact as I believe there may be some additional free English language programming on 118.7W that isn't available elsewhere. Such it not to suggest that it would be worth installing a new dish to get the aforementioned programming.

It would be silly to add a 500+ to a 1000.2.

If you hadn't suggested that approach, your post would have made a greater impact as I believe there may be some additional free English language programming on 118.7W that isn't available elsewhere. Such it not to suggest that it would be worth installing a new dish to get the aforementioned programming.
Thanks for your input, instead of acting like snobb you could have gave him options instead of trying to make everyone look stupid.

He wanted a wing dish, I gave him an option. A 500 Plus is an option.
I also stated he could swap out His 1.2k for a 1000.PLUS .
Either way it will cost him a brand new Dish setup. So you can climb off your high horse now.

The satellite in is used for two circumstances. A wing dish to get a satellite you can't on a single Dish, such as No line of site to 129, but if moved to a different corner LOS can be achieved. The other is to add in a satellite for 118.7 for international channels. If you have full service with your WA, and do not want internationals, it would serve you no real benefit, but would be added initial cost. Basically, I would have to agree that it would be ill advised to set that up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts